AALL/Bloomberg Continuing Education Grants Program FAQ
Program Development Checklist
Submit a proposal today
The purpose of the AALL/Bloomberg Continuing Education Grants Program (CEGP) is to encourage program development and promote sharing among AALL entities. These procedures will be reviewed and revised in order to meet the goals of AALL's Continuing Professional Education Program.
AALL/Bloomberg CEGP Process
The AALL/Bloomberg grants program is open to AALL HQ, chapters, SIS's, member institutions, caucuses, and individual AALL members. The grants can assist in providing ongoing quality continuing education programming outside of the AALL annual meeting. These programs that are supported by the grant must be able to be distributed to a wider audience. The grant can assist program content (speakers, venue, etc.) or the method of a wider distribution (podcast, webinar, etc.). The grant funds cannot be used for food, gifts or purchases not related to the actual program. The grant funds cannot be used to support programs that promote vendor products.
Grant requests for educational programming will be accepted at various times throughout the year. They will be accepted electronically. Grant requests will be advertised to the AALL membership and reviewed by the Continuing Professional Education Committee. Grant funds will be distributed in a timely and efficient manner in order to meet the programming needs of the recipients.
Decisions regarding requests for grant funding will be based (in part) on the following criteria:
- Need for the program
- Probability that the program could be distributed to a wider audience within the AALL community
Those applying for grants (AALL HQ, Chapter, SIS, caucus, individual AALL member, or member institution) will develop the educational content, identify relevant speakers/presenters, and propose alternative delivery options, including venue if the continuing education program is intended to be in person. The AALL Education Director can assist in determining the method for sharing the program. Please contact Celeste Smith, AALL Education Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org for program proposal assistance.
In addition, please download the CEGP Frequently Asked Questions for assistance.
Programming developed and staged at the local, regional, or national level
Applications for Continuing Education Grants will be accepted for any amount and for the following purposes including but not limited to:
Start up funds for an innovative format such as a webinar, podcast
Funding a partnership between an SIS and a Chapter
Specific shortfall in program planner's budget for an already planned program
Program content development of varying lengths
Please fill out the application form
completely, and with as much detail as you can provide, noting that the description of the program content
should be limited to 100 words minimum/400 words maximum.
Grant recipients AGREE to:
- Identify a point person/grant coordinator and backup to be responsible for meeting grant requirements.
- Post the program details on the AALL program calendar.
- Send completed program materials to the AALL archives.
- Afford AALL members the same registration rate as extended to members of the sponsoring entity.
- Recognize AALL as a sponsor in all marketing (including email and other electronic announcements of the program) and registration materials. The following tag line must be used with or without the AALL logo: This program is made possible by a grant from the AALL/Bloomberg Continuing Education Grants Program.
- Replicate the program so that it can be shared by others within AALL (via podcast, webcast, streaming video, in person in multiple locations, or other appropriate method).
- Obtain speaker/copyright releases from any speakers since broad distribution of the program is required.
- Return any unused grant monies to the AALL/Bloomberg Continuing Education Grants Program (CEGP).
- Work with AALL Education Director and other staff on project scope, budget/financial needs (including contracts, etc) and support needed to ensure a successful program.
- Submit a final budget along with receipts within 90 days of the conclusion of the program.
- Submit an AALL/Bloomberg Continuing Education Final Report two weeks after close of program.
Projected Timeline (for 2012-2013 proposals)
September 12, 2013 – Proposals due to AALL Headquarters (first round)
October 15, 2013 – Announcement of funded grants
June 2014 – Deadline for expenditure of funds
November 7, 2013 – Proposals due to AALL Headquarters (second round)
December 12, 2013 – Announcement of funded grants
August 2014 – Deadline for expenditure of funds
February 6, 2014 – Proposals due to AALL Headquarters (third round)
March 11, 2014 – Announcement of funded grants
November 2014 – Deadline for expenditure of funds
May 8, 2014 – Proposals due to AALL Headquarters (fourth round)
June 11, 2014 – Announcement of funded grants
February 2015 – Deadline for expenditure of funds
Proceed to the application form