Submit a grant proposal today.
The purpose of the AALL/Bloomberg BNA Continuing Education Grants Program (CEGP) is to encourage program development and promote sharing among AALL entities. These procedures will be reviewed and revised in order to meet the goals of AALL's Continuing Professional Education Program. Grant requests for educational programming will be accepted electronically and reviewed by the Continuing Professional Education Committee.
AALL/Bloomberg BNA CEGP Process
The AALL/Bloomberg BNA grants program is open to AALL HQ, chapters, SIS's, member institutions, caucuses, and individual AALL members. The grants can assist in providing ongoing quality continuing education programming outside of the AALL annual meeting. The programs that are supported by the grant must be able to be distributed to a wider audience. The grant can assist program content (speakers, venue, etc.) or the method of a wider distribution (podcast, etc.). The grant funds cannot be used for food, gifts or purchases not related to the actual program. The grant funds cannot be used to support programs that promote vendor products.
Those applying for grants will develop the educational content, identify relevant speakers/presenters, and propose alternative delivery options, including venue for in-person programs. Please contact Celeste Smith, AALL Education Director, at email@example.com for program proposal assistance. In addition, please download the CEGP Frequently Asked Questions and the Program Development Checklist for assistance.
Decisions regarding requests for grant funding will be based (in part) on the following criteria:
- Need for the program
- Probability that the program could be distributed to a wider audience within the AALL community
Programming developed and staged at the local, regional, or national level
Applications for Continuing Education Grants will be accepted for any amount and for the following purposes including but not limited to:
- Program content development of varying lengths
- Funding a partnership between an SIS and a Chapter
- Specific shortfall in program planner's budget for an already planned program
- Start up funds for an innovative format
Please fill out the proposal form
completely, and with as much detail as you can provide, noting that the description of the program content
should be limited to 100 words minimum/400 words maximum.
Grant recipients AGREE to:
- Identify a point person/grant coordinator and backup to be responsible for meeting grant requirements.
- Post the program details on the AALL program calendar.
- Send completed program materials to the AALL archives.
- Afford AALL members the same registration rate as extended to members of the sponsoring entity.
- Recognize AALL as a sponsor in all marketing (including email and other electronic announcements of the program) and registration materials. The following tag line must be used with or without the AALL logo: This program is made possible by a grant from the AALL/Bloomberg BNA Continuing Education Grants Program.
- Replicate the program so that it can be shared by others within AALL (via podcast, webcast, streaming video, in person in multiple locations, or other appropriate method).
- Obtain speaker/copyright releases from any speakers since broad distribution of the program is required.
- Work with AALL Education Director and other staff on project scope, budget/financial needs and support needed to ensure a successful program.
- Submit a final budget along with receipts within 90 days of the conclusion of the program.
- Submit an AALL/Bloomberg BNA Continuing Education Final Report two weeks after close of program.
Projected Timeline (for 2014-2015 proposals)
September 11, 2014 – Proposals due to AALL Headquarters (first round)
October 16, 2014 – Announcement of funded grants
June 2015 – Deadline for expenditure of funds
November 6, 2014 – Proposals due to AALL Headquarters (second round)
December 12, 2014 – Announcement of funded grants
August 2015 – Deadline for expenditure of funds
February 5, 2015 – Proposals due to AALL Headquarters (third round)
March 12, 2015 – Announcement of funded grants
November 2015 – Deadline for expenditure of funds
May 7, 2015 – Proposals due to AALL Headquarters (fourth round)
June 11, 2015 – Announcement of funded grants
February 2016 – Deadline for expenditure of funds
Proceed to the application form