Diana Jaque - March 2005

PrintEmail

March 2005

Centennial Q & A: Part I

Answer: In June 1976 an AALL bylaw was adopted creating special interest sections. Name the first seven special interest sections approved by the Executive Board in December 1976.

Check the end of this newsletter for the answer, or rather the question!

Leadership Training Sessions: San Antonio 2005

Incoming Vice Presidents and Presidents should plan to attend the sessions in San Antonio designed for chapter leadership. Here's a brief run down of these events for the 2005 Annual Meeting. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Saturday, July 16, 2005

8A.M. - 11:30 A.M. Professional Development

This session will concentrate on developing successful chapter education programs. Sharon Blackburn, Blythe McCoy, and Pam Reisinger are scheduled to speak. Topics covered will include needs assessment, program development, speaker selection, program marketing, and financial aspects of meeting planning. The session is ideal for those arranging single or multi-day chapter programs.

11:30 A.M.-1:00 P.M. Joint Chapter and SIS Council Lunch (sponsored by LexisNexis)

Incoming 2005-06 Vice Presidents and Presidents will receive invitations.

1:30 - 3:30 P.M. Vice Presidents and Presidents Leadership Training

This session is typically comprised of announcements, roundtables, and a general introduction to resources important for incoming chapter leadership.

3:45 - 5 P.M. Council Business Meeting

At least one individual should attend from each chapter

Roundtable Sessions

Monday, July 18, 2005

7:45-8:45 A.M. Membership Development (Steven Oberhoffer)

10:15-11:30 A.M. Treasurer Training (Steve Lidga)

5:15-6:15 P.M. Policies and Procedures (Larry Meyer)

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

7:00-8:45 A.M. Meeting Management (Darcy Kirk)

7:45-8:45 A.M. Public Relations

5:15-6:15 P.M. Government Relations (Mary Alice Baish)

Chapter Elections: Incoming Vice Presidents

Just a reminder please let me know the name and email address of any newly elected chapter V-Ps. I would like to add them to the Council Listserv and make certain that they are aware of the leadership events at the San Antonio meeting.

No Foolin' - It's April and Spring 2005 deadlines are quickly approaching!

April 1, 2005

Remind your chapter members that AALL Annual Meeting Workshop/Grant Applications and AALL Scholarship Applications are due to Headquarters by April 1, 2005.

April 15, 2005

Deadline to reserve space in the AALL Activities area. Forms are in the mail, contact Heidi Letzmann if you have not received your space reservation form.

May 15, 2005

By this date, you must submit menu selections to Pam Reisinger for Chapter events/receptions to be held at the San Antonio meeting.

June 2004:

Submit AALL-VIP form to headquarters

Chapter Annual Reports sent to Frank Houdek, LLJ editor, by outgoing Chapter Presidents see: http://www.aallnet.org/chapter/prep_an_report_llj.asp

RSVP for Chapter Leadership Sessions at AALL

July 16, 2005 (San Antonio, TX):

Leadership training for incoming officers: Morning Professional development session, Joint Chapter Council and SIS Council Lunch, afternoon Leadership roundtables, and Chapter Council Business Meeting.

Centennial Q & A: Part II

Question: What are Contemporary Social Problems, Law Library Service to Institutional Residents, Government Documents, Private Law Libraries, Automation and Scientific Development, OCLC Law Libraries, and State, Court, and County Law Libraries?*

As always, please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

Diana C. Jaque
Chapter Council President