RSVPs Needed for Luncheon
All incoming chapter vice-presidents and presidents are invited to a leadership luncheon in St. Louis on Saturday, July 8, from 11:30-1:30. RSVPs are required! Please email me to tell me whether you will or will not be attending the luncheon and whether you have any special dietary requirements (vegetarian, etc.). My email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll be joined by incoming SIS vice chairs and chairs and incoming AALL committee chairs.
Requests for Signs
If your chapter is having an event in St. Louis, you should have received a letter from Pam Reisinger about sign requests. If you'd like to order a sign, you'll need to complete the form and send it to Pam by June 9th.
Executive Board Meeting
There will be an AALL Executive Board meeting in St. Louis shortly before the Annual Meeting begins. Agenda items need to be submitted by June 16. To submit an agenda item, fill out the form at http://www.aallnet.org/board/agenda_form.asp.
St. Louis Events
There are many chapter leadership training opportunities in St. Louis. They are listed below. I'm happy to answer any questions you may have about these events. With the exception of the luncheon, there is no need to RSVP.
SATURDAY, JULY 8
Professional Development Training - Learn how to put on great educational programs! This program will be of interest to incoming presidents and vice-presidents and program committee chairs.
7:30 a.m. - continental breakfast sponsored by Thomson West
8:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. - program
- Beth DiFelice, Chair of Council of Chapter Presidents
- Elizabeth LeDoux, LLSDC President
- Blythe McCoy, Thomson West
- Cheryl Nyberg, University of Washington
- Pam Reisinger, AALL Director of Meetings
- Brian Striman, MAALL President
Leadership Lunch - by invitation only
11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Sponsored by LexisNexis
Leadership Training - Of interest to incoming presidents and vice-presidents.
1:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Report about the Education Summit and its aftermath: Victoria Trotta, AALL Immediate Past President
- Chapter Annual Reports: Frank Houdek, Law Library Journal Editor
- 20 minute-roundtables (attend 3 of the 5):
- AALL's VIP program: Victoria Trotta, AALL Immediate Past President
- Chapter visits by AALL executive board members: Janice Johnston, former AALL President
- Recruitment: Susan Lewis-Somers, AALL Recruitment to Law Librarianship Committee Chair
- Budgeting: Lynn Cotteleer, AALL Director of Finance and Administration
- Government Relations:
- Mary Alice Baish, AALL Associate Washington Affairs Representative
- Tim Coggins, AALL Government Relations Committee Chair
Council of Chapter Presidents Business Meeting - Each chapter should have at least one representative at the meeting, either the current president or his/her designee. Both incoming president and vice-president may attend.
3:30 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Beth DiFelice, Chair of Council of Chapter Presidents
SUNDAY, JULY 9
Treasurer Training - Of interest to incoming treasurers. Incoming vice-presidents and presidents are invited as well.
11:45 a.m. - 1:15 p.m.
Lynn Cotteleer, AALL Director of Finance and Administration
No lunch provided - feel free to bring your own.
MONDAY, JULY 10
Meeting Management Training - Of interest to incoming presidents, vice-presidents, and secretaries
7:45 a.m. - 8:45 a.m.
Darcy Kirk, AALL Secretary
Sorry - no coffee provided. You'll need to bring your own.
Public Relations Training - Of interest to incoming presidents, vice-presidents, and public relations committee chairs and committee members
10:15 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
Bridget MacMillan, AALL Public Relations Committee
Policies and Procedures Roundtable - Of interest to incoming presidents and vice-presidents.
5:15 p.m. - 6:15 p.m.
- Bylaws: a member of the AALL bylaws committee
- Procedure manuals: Steve Weiter, ALLUNY Immediate Past President
- Strategic Plans: Elvira Embser-Herbert, MALL President
TUESDAY, JULY 11
Membership Development Roundtable - Of interest to incoming presidents, vice-presidents, and membership/recruitment committee chairs and committee members
7 a.m. - 8:45 a.m.
Moderators are Beth DiFelice, Chair of Council of Chapter Presidents, and Kim Serna, incoming Chair of Council of Chapter Presidents. Also attending will be Hannah Phelps, AALL Membership Services Coordinator, and Lynn Cotteleer, AALL Director of Finance and Administration.
Sorry - no coffee provided. You-ll need to bring your own.
Government Relations - Of interest to chapter government relations committee members and chairs. Incoming presidents and vice-presidents are also invited.
5:15 p.m. - 6:15 p.m.
Mary Alice Baish, AALL Associate Washington Affairs Representative
Tim Coggins, AALL Government Relations Committee Chair
Chapter Council President