Mary Lu Linnane - August 2007

PrintEmail

August 2007

Leadership Training in New Orleans

This year's annual meeting was a great success. It was good to see so many chapter presidents and vice presidents attending the leadership training and council meeting. The roundtables were also well attended. I reviewed the evaluations from the roundtables and the general response was overwhelmingly favorable.

Handouts from the Chapter Leadership Training in New Orleans have been posted on AALLNET. In addition, please make note of two more documents that may be helpful. For information on membership database management see http://www.aallnet.org/chapter/member_data_man.asp. For information about liability insurance see http://www.aallnet.org/chapter/financial_liability.asp.

Chapter Visits from AALL Board and Deadline for Fall Requests

Good news! Effective immediately AALL will pay for all expenses involved with a Board visit. In the past the local chapter was responsible for accommodations, meals and ground transportation. All these costs will now be covered by AALL. The guidelines for chapter visits on AALLNET will be updated to reflect this change.

If your chapter is interested in inviting a member of the AALL Board to a meeting please complete the chapter visit request form and submit it to Kim Rundle at AALL Headquarters. If you want a visit this year, please send in your request at least four weeks prior to your meeting date. The form can be found at http://www.aallnet.org/chapter/chapter_visit_policy.asp.

Please note that the Fall AALL Board meeting is scheduled for November 8-10 and no Board member will be available during that time. The Spring meeting will be held April 4-5, 2008.

Current List of Chapter Presidents and Vice Presidents

If you received this message you are subscribed to c-chpr, the list for the Council of Chapter Presidents. This list is comprised of the current presidents and vice presidents of each chapter. If you no longer hold one of these offices, please contact me and I'll remove your name from the list. In addition, please let me know if someone should be added to the list.

Chapter Biographies

Chapter biographies were to be updated and submitted by August 1, but there are plans to change the form. However, it's important that your chapter's profile is up to date. Please look at your chapter profile on AALLNET and if it needs to be updated send the names of your officers to Kim Rundle at krundle@aall.org.

Information for Chapters

There is a wealth of information for chapters available on AALLNET. Admittedly some information may be in the process of being updated, but it is worth your time to see what is available. Head to the Chapters section on AALLNET and check out Resources for Chapter Leadership on the right side of the page for a variety of documents relating to chapters.

Chapter Bylaws

Remember that Chapter bylaws must be reviewed by the AALL Bylaws Committee before they are submitted for approval by the chapter. A document prepared by Melissa Serfass, Chair of this committee, is available under chapter leadership training.

Sincerely,

Mary Lu Linnane
Chapter Council President