Mary Lu Linnane - January 2008

PrintEmail

January 2008

Chapter Anniversaries

In 2008 10 chapters are celebrating anniversaries, ranging from 10th to 60th. Congratulations go to the following chapters:

AZALL
LLNE
NOALL
SANDALL
SCALL
SNELLA
SWALL
VALL
WESTPAC  
WPLLA

If I have missed any please let me know and I'll see that the list is updated.

AALL/BNA Continuing Education Grants

Congratulations go to two chapters that are recent recipients of AALL/BNA Continuing Education Grants.

The Southern California Association of Law Libraries (SCALL) was awarded a grant for a program on assessing and navigating legal risk in law libraries. The Colorado Association of Law Libraries (COALL) received a grant for a spotlight program focusing on career: travel tips for the road to success.

Well done!

Chapter Registration Awards

Ten chapters are eligible for chapter registration awards for the 2008 annual meeting. In the coming months the chapter president will receive a letter from AALL explaining the process. In the meantime ALLUNY, GPLLA, LLAGNY, LLAM, LLNE, LLSDC, NJLL, SEALL, SNELLA and WPLLA can think about how you want to advertise the award to your members.

Council Chair for 2008-2009

Now is the time for outgoing presidents to think about entering their names in nomination for the 2008-2009 Chair of the Council of Chapter Presidents. Among the responsibilities of the position is serving as the representative of the Council at the four AALL Executive Board meetings during your term, organizing programs for the 2009 AALL annual meeting in Washington, DC, and communicating with the 31 chapter presidents and vice presidents on issues affecting the chapters. More information on the role of the Council Chair is available on AALLNET.

You can put your name in nomination if you will be the immediate past chapter president or incumbent president due to retire from office by October 31, 2008. Nominations are due by February 15, 2008 and ballots are sent to Council members (one vote per chapter) by March 15, 2008.

Watch for a separate announcement soliciting nominations for this position.

Sincerely,

Mary Lu Linnane
Chapter Council President