Mary Lu Linnane - June 2008

PrintEmail

June 2008

This is my final Council Chat before the annual meeting. I hope that you've found the information helpful. My thanks go to all of you who have served your chapters so admirably this year.

Jennifer Murray will take on the duties of Council Chair at the conclusion of the annual meeting of the Council of Chapter Presidents on July 12.

RSVPs for Lunch

All incoming chapter vice-presidents and presidents are invited to a leadership luncheon in Portland on Saturday, July 12, from 11:30-1:00. The deadline to RSVP is Monday June 9, but if you missed it let me know ASAP so you can be included. Let me know if you have any special dietary requirements (vegetarian, etc.).

Chapter Leadership Program and Roundtables

The chapter leadership program will be held in the Oregon Convention Center on Saturday July 12, 2008. Be sure to allow for sufficient time to get from your hotel to the convention center, especially if you are staying on the "other" side of the river and need to take the light rail transit.

The morning session will begin at 7:30 with a continental breakfast and conclude at 11:30 when we adjourn to join the SIS and committee chairs for lunch. The Chapter Professional Development award will be announced at the morning session. (omit if award announced above).

The afternoon session will run from 1:30 until 3:30 with presentations from a number of AALL staff and committee chairs. It is immediately followed by the annual meeting of the Council of Chapter Presidents. The preliminary schedule indicates the Council of Chapter Presidents meeting will be from 3:30-5:00, but it's not likely to last that long.

In addition to the program on July 12 there will be three roundtables. I will send out a general announcement prior to the annual meeting if I know that assigned room numbers for the roundtables as well as the chapter leadership program and lunch.

Treasurer Training
Monday July 14 12:00 p.m. - 1:15 p.m.

Paula Davidson, AALL Director of Finance and Administration

Of interest to incoming chapter treasurers. Incoming presidents and vice presidents are welcome as well!

Government Relations
Monday July 14 5:15 p.m. - 6:15 p.m.

Scott Matheson and Emily Feldman

Of interest to chapter government relations committee members and incoming presidents and vice presidents.

Meeting Management
Tuesday July 15 7:45 a.m. - 8:45 a.m.

Darcy Kirk, AALL Executive Board Secretary

How to run an effective meeting & use of Sturgis' Standard Code of Parliamentary Procedure

Of interest to incoming presidents and vice presidents. Sorry, no coffee provided, so feel free to bring your own caffeine beverage of choice if needed!

Annual Reports

Chapter annual reports are due Friday June 20. Chapter presidents should have received a message from AALL Headquarters on May 27 with the guidelines for submitting your report. The guidelines also are available at http://www.aallnet.org/chapter/AnnualReports4LLJMemo.pdf

Sincerely,

Mary Lu Linnane
Chapter Council President