Jennifer S. Murray - October 2008

PrintEmail

October 2008

Liability Insurance Forms Due in October

Avoid those pesky personal injuries! If your chapter is paying for liability insurance through AALL, the form must be received by AALL Headquarters no later than October 20, 2008 for coverage from November 1 through October 31, 2009. The cost is based on membership as of October 1, 2008. Remember that many venues require this insurance for chapter events to be held at their facilities. For more information, see the liability insurance website on AALLNET.

What's New? An AALL Annual Meeting/Workshop Grant!

The AALL Grants Committee announces the creation of a new Annual Meeting/Workshop Granting category, beginning with the 2009 award year. We now have two applications on the committee's website: one for experienced members (5 or more years) who have a proven record of professional accomplishment and service to AALL and the other for Students/New Members less than 5 years of professional experience who hold promise of future involvement in AALL and the law library profession.) Previously, only newer members and students were encouraged to apply. The committee felt that experienced members were also in need of assistance in order to attend AALL Annual Meetings or an extra workshop.

Annual Meeting and Workshop Grants are awarded to cover the Annual Meeting registration fee or the registration fee for workshops presented at the Annual Meeting. For more information, visit the AALL Grant Committee's web site. Vendors and AALL individual members provide the funds for grants. For more information, see the Grants Committee website.

Please note: the deadline to apply is Wednesday, April 1, 2009.

2008 AALL Executive Board Meeting Coming Soon

The AALL Executive Board Meeting will be held October 23rd through October 25th. The deadline for agenda item submission has already passed for this meeting. But, if you have questions or concerns that you wish to express to me prior to the meeting, I always welcome your feedback.

Have Thoughts on AALL Chapter Visits? We Want to Hear about It.

The Council Chair of Chapter Presidents and the Council's AALL Executive Board Liaison are working to improve the value and benefit derived from AALL Chapter Visits. The main focus at this point is to improve training and education for chapters on the use of chapter visits to effectively lobby stakeholders and legislators. If you have any comments or suggestions on this topic, please let me know. As more details emerge from this project, I will keep you all updated.

It's Never Too Early to Think about the 2009 Annual Meeting, Right?

If you haven't received them already, look for your Annual Meeting scheduling forms to arrive soon from AALL Headquarters. The deadline for return of these forms to have your event included in the Preliminary Program is November 1. If you have never seen a scheduling form before and have no idea what they look like, don't worry! A cover letter will be included that provides all the explanation you should need along with contact information should you have additional questions.

Sincerely,

Jennifer S. Murray
Chapter Council President