Sarah Mauldin - October 2009

PrintEmail

October 2009

Chapter Liability Insurance

The deadline to purchase chapter liability insurance for your chapter is right around the corner. Your check for $1.00 times the number of chapter members on October 1, 2009, along with the insurance form will be due to AALL on October 20. For more information please contact Paula Davidson, AALL's Director of Finance and Administration.

Continuing Education Grants

Applications for the next round of grants from the AALL/BNA Continuing Education Grants Program are due on November 5. Visit the grant information page for more information and fill out the grant application.

A Word On Chapter Status

Your chapter is an entity separate from AALL, incorporated under the laws of your jurisdiction. While your chapter can get certain benefits, like chapter liability insurance, through AALL, your chapter is not a part of the organization in the same way that a Special Interest Section is. Each chapter should have its own Taxpayer Identification Number and should be sure to file its own state and federal tax forms, even if there is no tax liability owing to non-profit status. If you have questions please let me know

Annual Meeting Planning

All chapter presidents should have received a memo from Pam Reisinger outlining the scheduling and planning process for chapter events at the Annual Meeting. Scheduling forms must be received by November 2 to ensure listing in the Preliminary Program.

Chapter Visits

It's not too early to plan a chapter visit. Just fill out the chapter visit request form and return it to Kim Rundle. Go to the Chapter Visit page on AALLNet to find information on policies and procedures for chapter visits. I encourage all of your chapters to request a visit. Remember that AALL will pay the visitor's travel expenses, so the visit is at no or very low cost to your chapter.

AALL Board Meeting

The fall AALL Board Meeting will be November 5-7 in Chicago. Although the deadline has passed for submitting agenda items, please let me know if you have any issues that need to be addressed.

Travel Dates

I will be out of town October 8-21. If you have issues during that time, please e-mail me and I will do my best to resolve your issue, but will have very limited access to e-mail and voicemail.

Sincerely,

Sarah Mauldin
Chapter Council President