Sarah Mauldin - February 2010

PrintEmail

February 2010

Chapter Visits

If you have not yet requested a Chapter visitor, now is the time. Fill out the form and return it to Kimberly Rundle at AALL Headquarters.

If you have comments, good or bad, about the Chapter Visit process, your chapter's experience with a visitor, or anything else you'd like to say about the program, I'd like to hear it by February 26.

Time to Elect a New Council Chair

If you are about to become a past president of your chapter you are eligible to run for Chair of the Council of Chapter Presidents. I am requesting nominations now until February 26. Self-nominations are welcome. If you would like to know more about what the Council Chair does, please feel free to call or e-mail.

New Contact Information

In case you did not get my update in early February, I am now the Head Librarian at Smith, Gambrell & Russell, LLP. My new telephone number is 404/815-3538 and my new e-mail is smauldin@sgrlaw.com.

Spring Board Meeting Agenda Items

Agenda items for the Spring AALL Executive Board Meeting are due on March 1, 2010. Please let me know as soon as possible if you would like to submit an agenda item.

Chapter VIPs

If your chapter is planning to invite a VIP to attend the Annual Meeting in Denver, now is the time to extend the invitation. More information is available at http://www.aallnet.org/chapter/vipman.asp.

Chapter Registration Awards

Twelve chapters are eligible for Chapter Registration Awards for Denver . If your chapter is eligible you should be receiving information from AALL Headquarters in the near future. If you have questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Annual Meeting Planning

In late February you will receive information about food and beverage and audio-visual reservations for the Annual Meeting. If you plan to hold a chapter function in Denver, your deadlines will be:

April 15: AV Reservations
May 15: Food and Beverage Reservations
June 18: Food and Beverage Guarantee

Sincerely,

Sarah Mauldin
Chapter Council President