Diane Rodriguez - July 2011

PrintEmail

CCP Annual Meeting Events

The annual meeting is next week and there are many events planned for Chapter Leaders at the upcoming AALL Annual Meeting in Philadelphia. I received approximately 35 RSVPs, so we will have a great group for discussion!

Please encourage your Chapter Government Relations Committee Chairs to attend the Government Relations Roundtable on Monday. It is a great opportunity to meet Julie Strandlie, new AALL Director of Government Relations, and Emily Feldman, Advocacy Communications Assistant, and Stephanie Hess, Chair of the AALL Government Relations Committee, and learn how Chapters can work on advocacy issues both locally and nationally.

Here is a list of our upcoming events:

Saturday, 7/23/11: (by invitation only)

• 8:00 - 11:30 am Chapter Leadership Training
  • 11:45 am - 1:15 pm Luncheon for incoming Committee & SIS Chairs, and incoming Chapter Leaders (RSVPs now closed for the lunch)
  • 1:30 - 2:30 pm Council of Chapter Presidents Business Meeting

Monday, 7/25/11:

• 5:30 – 6:30 pm Chapter Leadership Roundtable: Government Relations

Tuesday, 7/26/2011

• 7:45 – 8:45 am Chapter Leadership Roundtable: Meeting Management

Conference Schedule on AALLNET

Be sure to check the online annual meeting schedule on AALLNET where you will find a comprehensive listing of all the events the meeting has to offer. If you sign in using the Conference Planner you can find out which programs your friends and colleagues are attending.

Leadership Training Handouts

For those of you who cannot attend the Leadership Training and Roundtables at AALL, the handouts will be available after the conference. Your incoming Council Chair, Patricia Barbone, will forward them to the list.

Roster Updates

Many Chapters held elections this Spring. Please send your current roster of Chapter officers, including their terms and contact information, to me and Kim Rundle krundle@aall.org. You can check your Chapter profile for accuracy on the new AALLNET. I will also add your new Presidents and Vice Presidents to the CCP listserv so everyone will be informed and use this tool for communication.

Chapter Visits

It's never too late to consider scheduling a Chapter visit. Did you know that AALL will pay the visitor's travel expenses, so the visit is at no or very low cost to your Chapter? You will benefit with a wonderful speaker and stay connected to the AALL Board. Simply fill out the chapter visit request form and return it to Kim Rundle. Go to the Chapter Visits page on AALLNET to find information on policies and procedures for chapter visits. Chapter visits are a great way to network and show off your chapter!

Thank you!

This is my last Chat newsletter as your Council Chair. It has been an honor to work with all of you this year! Thank you for giving me the opportunity to serve. I look forward to meeting many of you in Philly!

Diane Rodriguez
Chapter Council President