Diane Rodriguez - January 2011

PrintEmail

January 2011

Chapter Visits

Have you applied for a Chapter visit yet? Did you know that AALL will pay the visitor's travel expenses, so the visit is at no or very low cost to your Chapter. You will benefit with a wonderful speaker and stay connected to the AALL Board. Simply fill out the chapter visit request form and return it to Kim Rundle. Go to the Chapter Visit page to find information on policies and procedures for chapter visits. Chapter visits are a great way to network and show off your chapter!

Time to Elect a New Council Chair

If you are about to become a past president of your chapter you are eligible to run for Chair of the Council of Chapter Presidents. I am requesting nominations now until February 25. Self-nominations are welcome. If you would like to know more about what the Council Chair does, please feel free to call or e-mail me.

Spring Board Meeting Agenda Items

Agenda items for the Spring AALL Executive Board Meeting are due on February 7, 2011. Please let me know as soon as possible if you would like to submit an agenda item. Items are submitted electronically. I will be asked to explain your agenda item to the board and will need to be familiar with it. If you have questions or concerns for the AALL Board, please let me know and I will be happy to bring them up for you.

AALL Awards

The time to think about AALL Awards is here. In the November issue of Spectrum there was a two page announcement about the Association awards, the deadlines, brief descriptions contacts.

Full information about the awards, including application forms, is available at /about/awards.asp.

February 1, 2011 is the deadline for most of the awards.

Please contact Mary Lu Linnane, AALL Awards Committee Chair, if you have any questions.

2011 Annual Meeting Registration Opens Next Month

Registration for the 2011 AALL Annual Meeting and Conference, to be held in Philadelphia , PA , will open in early February. AALL's educational programming is now available for viewing online , and will continue to be updated in the weeks to come. You can now find registration rates online, including a convenient single conference rate. You can also view this year's conference schedule, reflecting some exciting changes – including two new events on the exhibit hall floor: the Exhibit Hall Ribbon Cutting/Opening Reception on Saturday, July 23 from 5:00 – 6:30 p.m., and the Closing Reception on Tuesday, July 26 from 1:30 – 3:00 p.m.

Once again, we are pleased to offer a complimentary one-year AALL membership for non-AALL members who purchase the conference registration package. If your colleagues are not yet part of the AALL community – but should be – please let them know!

AALL Annual Meeting Chapter VIP Program

It's not too early to start considering and planning for a Chapter VIP to attend the AALL Annual Meeting in Philadelphia.

Chapter Registration Awards

10 Chapters are eligible for Chapter Registration Awards for Philadelphia:

ALLUNY
GPLLA
LLAGNY
LLAM
LLNE
LLSDC
NJLLA
SEAALL
SNELLA
WPLLA

AALL will underwrite one free conference registration for each of the above chapters. It is the intent that the award be presented to newer members of AALL who meet whatever other criteria the awarding chapter may determine. Information will be sent to these chapter presidents from AALL later this winter with more information, as well as instructions for recipients.

Diane Rodriguez
Chapter Council President