Patricia Barbone - May 2012

PrintEmail

New Council Chair Elected

Congratulations to Holly Riccio, President of NOCALL, on her election as new Chair of the Council of Chapter Presidents. Holly will begin participating in AALL Board events in Boston in July and will assume the role of Chair at the end of the Annual Meeting.

Chapter Registration Awards for Annual Meeting

The following 10 Chapters are eligible for Chapter Registration Awards for Boston:

AZALL
    COALL
    DALL
    HALL
    LLOPS
    MAALL
    NOCALL
    SCALL
    SWALL
    WESTPAC

Chapter VIPs at Annual Meeting

Now is the time to start planning for a Chapter VIP to attend the AALL Annual Meeting in Boston. This is a great way to promote our profession and its value to a related community. If your chapter is planning to invite a VIP to attend the Annual Meeting in Boston, now is the time to extend the invitation. More information is available online.

Chapter President Annual Meeting Events

There are many events planned for Chapter Leaders at the upcoming AALL Annual Meeting in Boston. Mark your calendars with the following events:

Saturday, July 21, 2012:

Monday, July 23, 2012:

All of the above events can be found in the online 2012 Meetings and Events Index. Formal invitations will go out in late May.

Who Should Attend Leadership Training?

Leadership Training is for newly elected Vice President/President Elects and for Presidents who have just assumed office in 2012. If you are a current chapter president, please contact me to make sure your newly elected Vice President/President Elect is added to the chapter listserv and receives an invitation to the Chapter Leadership Training, Leadership Luncheon and Council of Chapter Presidents Business Meeting.

Roster Updates

Have you held an election lately? Sworn in new officers? Please let me know if you have any changes or additions to your Chapter rosters. You'll want to make sure everyone is getting the all the news at this busy time of year. Simply send me your list of officers: name, title and email addresses and I can verify their inclusion on the appropriate leadership listservs. You can email changes to Kim Rundle and cc me.

Chapter Visits

Chapter Presidents often ask me, "When should we plan to have an AALL Board Member visit our chapter?" The answer is "Anytime you want!." Chapter Visits happen all year round. It's never too late to consider scheduling a Chapter visit. Did you know that AALL will pay the visitor's travel expenses, so the visit is at no or very low cost to your Chapter? You will benefit with a wonderful speaker and stay connected to the AALL Board. Just fill out the Chapter Visit request form and return it to Kim Rundle. Go to the Chapter Visit page on AALLNET to find information on policies and procedures for Chapter Visits. If you would like to host the President, Vice President/President-Elect or Immediate Past President, there is a rotating scheduling which you can obtain here. I encourage all of your chapters to request a visit. AALL Board Members want to meet you, and you will both benefit from the experience.

Annual Meeting Forms

Reservation forms for space in the Activities Area of the Exhibit Hall at the Annual Meeting will be sent out in late April. Hosting a table is a great way to attract new members and show off your Chapter spirit and accomplishments. These forms go directly to the Chapter Presidents. If you have not received a form by April 27th, please contact Vanessa Castillo.

Submissions for AALL General Business Meeting or Next AALL Executive Board Meeting

The AALL General Business Meeting will be held on July 23rd at 4:15 p.m. in Boston. If you or your chapter is interested in submitting a member resolution for consideration, please email it to ambusmtg@aall.org by July 2nd.

If you or your chapter is interested in submitting an agenda items for next AALL Executive Board Meeting held on July 19th-20th Executive Board meeting, 2011 AALL Board Meeting, now is the time to submit them. Agenda items should be submitted electronically and are due by June 15. Please consult with me before you submit an agenda item. I will be asked to explain your agenda item to the board and will need to be familiar with it.

Patricia Barbone
Chair of the Council of Chapter Presidents 2011-2012