Patricia Barbone - June 2012

PrintEmail

New Council Chair Elected

Congratulations to Holly Riccio, President of NOCALL, on her election as new Chair of the Council of Chapter Presidents. Holly will begin participating in AALL Board events in Boston in July and will assume the role of Chair at the end of the Annual Meeting. Holly will be joining me at the Leadership Training on Saturday, July 21st.

2012 Annual Meeting Scheduling Available for Viewing

Please visit the 2012 Meetings and Events Index on My Conference Planner to confirm that your group's meetings/programs/events have been scheduled as submitted. Please notify Vanessa Castillo at 312-205-8010 or vcastillo@aall.org if you have changes that need to be made. These listings will be replicated in the printed Conference Program that is distributed onsite so it is important that your events are listed correctly. The final deadline for submitting changes is May 1st. Also, please be aware that meeting room locations are subject to change so please review periodically.

Chapter President Annual Meeting Events

There are many events planned for Chapter Leaders at the upcoming AALL Annual Meeting in Boston. Mark your calendars with the following events:

Saturday, July 21:

Monday, July 23:

• 5:45 – 6:45 pm Chapter Leadership Roundtable: Government Relations, HCC Room 203*

Who Should Attend Leadership Training?

Leadership Training is for newly elected Vice President/President Elects and for Presidents who have just assumed office in 2012. If you are a current chapter president, please contact me to make sure your newly elected Vice President/President Elect is added to the chapter listserv and receives an invitation to the Chapter Leadership Training, Leadership Luncheon and Council of Chapter Presidents Business Meeting.

Roster Updates

Have you held an election lately? Sworn in new officers? Please let me know if you have any changes or additions to your Chapter rosters. I want to make sure everyone is getting the Chapter Leadership updates and that the online directory is up-to-date. Simply send me your list of officers: name, title and email addresses and I can verify their inclusion on the appropriate leadership listservs.

Chapter Visits

Chapter Presidents often ask me, "When should we plan to have an AALL Board Member visit our chapter?" The answer is "Anytime you want!." Chapter Visits happen all year round. It's never too late to consider scheduling a Chapter visit. Did you know that AALL will pay the visitor's travel expenses, so the visit is at no or very low cost to your Chapter? You will benefit with a wonderful speaker and stay connected to the AALL Board. Just fill out the Chapter Visit request form and return it to Kim Rundle. Go to the Chapter Visit page on AALLNET to find information on policies and procedures for Chapter Visits. If you would like to host the President, Vice President/President-Elect or Immediate Past President, there is a rotating scheduling which you can obtain here. I encourage all of your chapters to request a visit. AALL Board Members want to meet you, and you will both benefit from the experience.

Activities Area for AALL

Key Dates for Activities Area:

Saturday, July 21 – 5:00-6:30 p.m. (Exhibit Hall ribbon-cutting/Opening Reception – ticketed event)
Sunday, July 22 – 2:45-3:45 p.m.
Monday, July 23 – 9:45-10:45 a.m.
Tuesday, July 24 – 1:30-2:30 p.m.

You may set up your table on Saturday, July 21, from 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Please note that only the people whose names you provided on the reservation form will be admitted into the Exhibit Hall, as security will be tight.

If you are planning to ship materials to Boston, you may send them to the exhibits warehouse or to the convention center directly (see addresses below). Packages clearly labeled with the name of your group will be delivered to your table in the Activities Area. Please note the dates during which packages may be received. Packages shipped to the convention center that arrive before July 20 will be rejected.

Packages are delivered to the convention center throughout the day, but be prepared that it could take a few hours for your shipment to be checked in at the delivery dock, sorted and delivered to the Activities Area.

Be sure to forward tracking information for your packages as well as the number of packages you are shipping to Paul Graller, our Exhibits Manager, at pgraller@heiexpo.com. You should bring your tracking information with you to Boston.

Please arrange to dismantle your table by the time the Exhibit Hall closes on Tuesday, July 24 at 3:00 p.m. After that time, there will be a lot of activity in the Hall as exhibitors pack up so you'll want to make sure that your materials are not misplaced or thrown away in the commotion.

If you will need to ship anything home, a FedEx Office Print & Ship Center is located in the Hynes Convention Center in the Main Lobby, Plaza Level and will be open until 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday. The Penfields Business Center in the Sheraton Boston Hotel is located on the second floor and is open until 9:00 p.m. on Tuesday. A U.S. Post Office is located in the Prudential Center.

Conference shipments should be addressed as follows:

SHIPMENTS TO THE GES WAREHOUSE CAN BE RECEIVED June 15 - July 16.
Note: The GES Warehouse will be closed on July 4th in observance of Independence Day.

AALL Show Management
Deliver to: Activities Area (name of group)
American Association of Law Libraries
c/o GES Exposition Services
YRC
95 Concord Street
North Reading, MA 01864

SHIPMENTS TO THE CONVENTION CENTER CAN BE RECEIVED BEGINNING July 20.

AALL Show Management
Deliver to: Activities Area (name of group)
American Association of Law Libraries
c/o GES Exposition Services
Hynes Convention Center
900 Boylston Street
Boston, MA 02115

Please refer questions to Vanessa Castillo, Education and Meetings Assistant, at 312-205-8010 or vcastillo@aall.org.

Submissions for AALL General Business Meeting

The AALL General Business Meeting will be held at 4:15 p.m. in Boston. If you or your chapter is interested in submitting a member resolution for consideration, please email it by July 2nd to ambusmtg@aall.org.

Annual Reports

Each Chapter President is required to submit an Annual Report to AALL summarizing your chapter's year. Instructions on what to include can be found here. Please review these instructions, the report is designed to be short.

Annual must be submitted no later than August 10th, 2012 and should be emailed to annualreports@aall.org. As a courtesy, I would appreciate it if you would cc me at barbone@hugheshubbard.com so that I know you have sent the report.

Patricia Barbone
Chair of the Council of Chapter Presidents 2011-2012