JoAnn Hounshell - September 2013

PrintEmail

Chapter Liability Insurance

It is almost time to purchase chapter liability insurance for your chapter. The annual premium for coverage is $1.00 per chapter member and is based on the number of members of your chapter as of October 1, 2013. In order to include this coverage for your chapter, AALL must receive your check and completed insurance form no later than Monday, October 21 2013. If you have any questions, please contact AALL Director of Finance & Administration Paula Davidson.

October Chapter Leadership Virtual Training Sessions

I hope everyone had an opportunity to register for these virtual training sessions:

Tuesday – October 1, 2013 at 2pm (central time)
Financial Management and Reporting
Presenter: Paula Davidson, AALL Director of Finance and Administration

Tuesday – October 8, 2013 at 1pm (central time)
Education Program Development Resources
Presenters: Celeste Smith, AALL Director of Education and Heidi Letzmann, AALL Education and Program Manager

Tuesday – October 15, 2013 at 2pm (central time)
Meeting Planning Tools and Resources
Presenter: Pam Reisinger, AALL Director of Meetings

2014 AALL Annual Meeting Program Proposals

A final reminder, that program proposals are due by October 7, 2013 for the 2014 AALL Annual Meeting in San Antonio, July 12-15. Your chapter members can find information for program proposers on AALLNET. The theme of the 2014 AALL Annual Meeting is Beyond Boundaries.

Chapter Visits

AALL has a commitment to its chapters to keep them informed of national issues and the activities of the Association. It's never too late to consider scheduling a Chapter visit. AALL will pay the visitor's travel expenses, so the visit is usually at no cost to your Chapter. You will benefit with a wonderful speaker and stay connected to the AALL Board. Simply fill out the chapter visit request form and return it to Kim Rundle. Information on policies and procedures for chapter visits can be found on the Chapter Visit page on AALLNET. Chapter visits are a great way to network and show off your chapter!

Chapter Listserv

I encourage all of you to use the Council of Chapter Presidents listserv (c-chpr@aallnet.org) to share news about your chapter, as well as, ask questions or make comments about chapter leadership issues, and policies.

Join the AALL Advocacy Team

Your chapter can make a difference in the federal, state, and local issues that affect law libraries. The AALL Government Relations Office provides information on the policy issues in which AALL is involved and resources on effective advocacy. Please encourage your chapter members to take the brief Advocacy Team Questionnaire today to get in on the action! Chapter members can help to expand our advocacy influence and make a difference in the policies that impact our profession. Your chapter members can help to implement public policies that ensure no-fee permanent public access to official, authentic legal resources, create an equitable balance in copyright laws, protect the privacy of library users, and impact other key information policy issues.

AALL Board Agenda Items

Agenda items for the 2013 Fall AALL Executive Board Meeting, on October 31-November 2 are due October 7. All agenda items should be submitted electronically using the Agenda Item Submission Form on AALLNET. Please consult with me before you submit an agenda item, as I will be asked to explain your agenda item to the Board and will need to be familiar with the issue.

If you have questions or concerns for the AALL Executive Board, please let me know and I will be happy to bring them up for you.

JoAnn Hounshell
Chair of the Council of Chapter Presidents 2013-2014