JoAnn Hounshell - March 2014

PrintEmail

New AALL Chair, Council of Chapter Presidents

Congratulations to Jean Willis, NOCALL President, on her election as the new Chair of the Council of Chapter Presidents! Jean will begin participating in AALL Board events in San Antonio in July and will assume the role of Chair at the close of the Annual Meeting.

Roster Updates

Several chapters have recently held elections, while other chapters are about to go into election mode. As part of a smooth transition it is important to keep the listserv and Chapter rosters on AALLNET current. Please review your chapter's roster as it appears here and let me know if anyone should be added or deleted for your chapter. Chapter listserv (c-chpr) messages go to President, Vice President/President-Elect and Past President. You can let me know if any changes need to be made to the listerv via email at jhounshell@kentlaw.iit.edu.

CPE Program Grants Available

Don't forget that funding is available to chapters to support an educational event. An AALL/Bloomberg CPE Grant can be used to support program content (speakers, venue, etc.) or to support the method wider distribution (webinar, podcast etc.).

Grant requests are accepted throughout the year. The next deadline for grant applications is May 8. AALL has provided an FAQ on CPE Program Grants here.

Leadership Influence: Becoming a Strong Contributor

I wanted to call your attention to an upcoming webinar on leadership. Leadership Influence: Becoming a Strong Contributor webinar will be held on Wednesday, April 30, at 11 a.m. (CDT). Your newer chapter members may wonder how they can help influence the continued growth and success of their chapter. This program can help newer members learn specific techniques to develop influence within their chapter or organization and how to leverage that influence.

Chapter Registration Awards Final Reminder

This is a final reminder to the ten Chapters receiving an AALL Chapter Registration Award for the 2014 AALL Annual Meeting. Please send the name of the Chapter Registration Award recipient to Kim Rundle, at AALL by April 1. We want to ensure that your Chapter's member is recognized in the AALL Awards brochure.

JoAnn Hounshell
Chair of the Council of Chapter Presidents 2013-14