The Innovations in Technology Award was established in 2009 to recognize an AALL member, SIS, chapter or library for their innovative use of technology in the development and creation of an application or resource for law librarians or legal professionals. The award carries a $500 cash prize. The first award will be presented at the 2010 AALL Annual meeting in Denver, CO.
The award recipient shall be selected by a panel chaired by a member of the Awards Committee and include two members recommended by the Computing Services SIS.
- If the Nominee is an individual, they must be a member in good standing of AALL.
- Nominee's application of technology or resource must benefit library users and/or the legal information community
- Nominee's innovative use of technology must be an example of how librarians/information professionals effectively and efficiently serve as the human connection between technology, the information, and the user experience.
Download Innovations in Technology Award Nomination Form
The deadline for nominations is February 1 of each year. Nomination applications and supporting documentation must describe 1) the application of technology, 2) how the application benefits library users and or the legal information community and 3) how the technology resource is an example of librarians and information professionals effectively and efficiently serving as the human connection between technology, information and the user experience.
There are no restrictions on the number of entries an applicant may submit, but each entry must be mailed separately. Entries will become the property of the American Association of Law Libraries and will not be returned. By submitting an entry, applicants grant AALL full rights to publish, reproduce and publicize entries in any paper or electronic publishing formats.
Please email one copy or mail four copies of the nomination form and supporting documentation to:
Director of Library Services
Smith, Gambrell & Russell, LLP
1230 Peachtree St NE
Promenade, Suite 3100
Atlanta, GA 30309-3592
The award shall be presented during the AALL Annual Meeting, and it will be given in name of the Association. The recipient will receive a certificate and a $500 cash prize.
- Mississippi College Law Library, Mississippi College School of Law, Jackson, MI, Judicial Data for Mississippi's Appellate Case: At the Fingertips of the Practitioner and Public
- Trudi Busch, Oppenheimer Wolff & Donnelly LLP, and Jennifer Doyle, Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi, Building Bridges With Technology: VLC Wiki (Volunteer Librarians Coalition Wiki - Supporting the Volunteer Lawyers Network)