STATE OF MAINE
SUPREME JUDICIAL COURT
Docket No. SJC-216
The order of this Court, dated January 27, 1966, as amended by the order of December 1, 1982, is further amended to read as follows:
- The Atlantic Reporter is the official publication of this Court's opinions commencing January 1, 1966.
- Opinions issued on or after January 1, 1966, and before January 1, 1997, shall be cited in the following style:
Westman v. Armitage. 215 A.2d 919 (Me. 1966)
- Opinions issued on or after January 1, 1997, shall include the calendar year, the sequential number assigned to the opinion within that calendar year, and shall be cited in the following style:
Smith v. Jones. 1997 ME 7, 685 A.2d 110
- The sequential decision number shall be included in each opinion at the time it is made available to the public and the paragraphs in the opinion shall be numbered. The official publication of each opinion issued on or after January 1, 1997 shall include the sequential number in the caption of the opinion and the paragraph numbers assigned by the Court.
- Pinpoint citations shall be made by reference to paragraph numbers assigned by the Court in the following style:
Smith v. Jones. 1997 ME 7, ¶ 14, 685 A.2d 110
- Memorandum Decisions and Summary Orders shall not be published in the Atlantic Reporter and shall not be cited as precedent for any matter addressed therein.
Dated: August 20, 1996