Approved by the AALL Executive Board, March 2007.
Revised April 2015
- To provide members and non-members with educational opportunities consistent with the AALL Vision and AALL Strategic Directions.
- To facilitate the provision of readily-available, high quality, replicable and timely educational programs, publications and services in a variety of formats, using all available and future technologies in order to enable members to stay current in the profession of law librarianship.
- To provide members with educational opportunities enabling them to meet the AALL Competencies of Law Librarianship (Revised by the Executive Board April 2010, Tab 17).
- To provide non-members with comparable educational opportunities in our areas of expertise.
- To engage in collaborative educational endeavors with for profit and not-for profit organizations, including AALL chapters.
- To provide funding, when available and appropriate, to AALL entities such as caucuses, chapters, committees, SISs and individual AALL members to produce continuing education programming that meets these goals.
- To work collaboratively with the AALL director of education and other AALL staff to achieve these goals.