Core Purpose of AALL
AALL strengthens the profession of law librarianship and supports the individual efforts of our members.
Core Values of AALL
- Lifelong learning and intellectual growth.
- The role of the law librarian in a democratic society.
- Equitable and permanent access to legal information.
- Continuous improvement in the quality of justice.
Goals and Objectives
Goal I: Leadership
Law librarians will be recognized and valued as the foremost leaders and experts in legal information, research, and technology.
- Provide tools to increase members' abilities to position themselves as essential to the mission of their organizations.
- Provide leadership training opportunities.
- Expand mentoring programs and opportunities.
- Increase AALL participation in organizations within the legal and library communities.
Goal II: Education
Law librarians will have the education and training they need to meet and leverage the challenges of the changing information environment.
- Expand the scope of educational offerings to meet the ever-changing needs of members.
- Develop partnerships to increase the range of educational offerings.
- Use a wide range of delivery means and opportunities to provide education beyond the Annual Meeting.
- Increase the number of library school programs for law librarianship and increase awareness of law librarianship as a profession.
- Increase the number and amount of grants and scholarships.
Goal III: Advocacy
Law librarians will influence the outcome of legal information, technology policy, and librarianship issues of concern to AALL members.
- Increase resources available for advocacy efforts.
- Continue to expand international role.
- Improve grassroots participation in advocacy efforts.