ALL-SIS recognizes and supports its members' contributions to the profession in many ways. Grants are given by the both the Awards and Research & Scholarship committees. Information about applying for a grant is at ALL-SIS / Awards / Apply or Nominate
Awards Committee Grants
- Active Member Stimulus Grant is given to a law librarian with a record of demonstrated service to ALL-SIS and demonstrated financial need. The grant is intended to aid the recipient in attending the AALL Annual Meeting.
- Regular Member Stimulus Grant is given to a law librarian with demonstrated financial need. The grant is intended to aid the recipient in attending the AALL Annual Meeting.
- CONELL Grant. Since 2005, this grant is given to a newer law librarian to attend CONELL. The grant covers CONELL registration and a hotel room for one night. The Conference of Newer Law Librarians (CONELL) is held every year in conjunction with the AALL Annual Meeting. The purpose of the CONELL Grant is to promote participation by newer academic law librarians in AALL and the ALL-SIS.
- Other Grants. ALL-SIS offers occasional grants for section members to attend various AALL institutes, events, and meetings. For example, the ALL Management Institute and Leadership Acadamy programs are frequently supported.
Research & Scholarship Committee Grant
- Research & Scholarship grants support innovative research that is expected to result in publication in a scholarly
form, such as a journal, conference, book, or other form that is approved by the ALL-SIS Research and Scholarship Committee
Scholarship & Grant Award Announcements