Lee Peoples, Associate Director of the Oklahoma City University Law Library, was the recipient of the 2007 ALL-SIS Outstanding Service Award. The presentation of the award took place at the ALL-SIS reception on Sunday, July 15, 2007, at the Loyola University New Orleans College of Law.
The ALL-SIS Outstanding Service Award honors an ALL-SIS member who has made outstanding contributions to the SIS in areas of section activity and professional service. This year's recipient has been exceptionally active in ALL-SIS. His nominator states "He has served as an excellent role model for newer law librarians, demonstrating leadership, vision, and dedication to academic law librarianship."
Lee's service includes:
- Continuing Education Task Force Chair 2006-2007
- Program Committee: Member or Co-chair since 2004
- CALI Committee
- Presenter, Coordinator and moderator at a number of ALL-SIS sponsored programs
- Authored many articles to the ALL-SIS Newsletter
- Contributed teaching materials in the ALL-SIS Sourcebook
The 2006–2007 ALL-SIS Awards committee consisted of John Edwards, Drake University Law Library, Chair; Mary Ann Nelson, University of Iowa Law Library; and Marlene Alderman, Boston University Pappas Law Library.