FCIL Newsletter / October 1997
Request for Proposals
October 8, 1997
The Professional Development Committee of the American Association of
Law Libraries (AALL) is soliciting proposals for development of an educational
program on the topic of legal research as defined herein.
- Full-day workshop
- Faculty of one person
- Suitable for group of 30-50
- To include minimum of 1 hour interactive participation
- Substantial hardcopy course materials are expected
A minimum of three presentations of the program shall occur between
March 1998 and December 2000. The creator/presenter and AALL will sign
a contract outlining the schedule, payment and rights to the program materials.
Travel expenses and a modest stipend will be paid each time a program
is presented, in accordance with AALL's reimbursement policies and through
use of AALL's travel agent for transportation and hotel reservations. AALL
expects to pa a curriculum development fee following an evaluation by the
Director of Programs and the Professional Development Committee for its
fulfillment of the requirements of the contract.
- To include law librarians, non-law librarians, library paraprofessional
and legal paraprofessionals
- The curriculum will focus on the basic techniques for legal research.
Background subject matter to be covered includes but is not limited to
the legal system, types of legal documents and available print and electronic
resources. Other subject matters to be reviewed are the process of accessing,
evaluating and filtering documents/information and the tools necessary
to do so; how to identify additional resources for referral; and how to
create guides such as handouts, aides, pathfinders and bibliographies on
legal and related topics.
- Detailed topics/content to be covered
- Clearly stated learning methodologies and outcomes
- Description of hardcopy course materials
- Description of presenter's qualifications and knowledge on the topic
of legal research
- Cost estimates for curriculum development and presentation
- Proposals due November 1, 1997
- Proposal selection by January 1, 1998
- Final curriculum due March 1, 1998
- Presentation dates TBD; Minimum of one time per year in 1998, 1999,
Submit proposal to:
The Professional Development Committee
American Association of Law Libraries
c/o Lara Koban, Educational Program Coordinator
53 W. Jackson Boulevard, Suite 940
Chicago, IL 60604
FORWARD to "About the FCIL Newsletter"
BACK to the Table of Contents