Grant applications to the 2016 Equal Justice Conference are due March 11 and grant applicatoions for the AALL Annual Meeting are due April 8.
Download the grant application form: Application Form.
The GLL SIS regularly offers grants to attend the AALL Annual Meeting, the Equal Justice Conference, and other conferences and events.
The Government Law Library SIS Executive Board has approved the following grants for 2016.
- One (1) $1,500 grant available for one of our members to attend the AALL Leadership Academy to be held in Oakbrook, IL, April 1-2, 2016.
- Three (3) $1,500 grants for GLL members to attend the Equal Justice Conference to be held in Chicago May 12-14, 2016.
- Three (3) - $1,500 grants to attend the AALL Annual Meeting to be held in Chicago, July 16-19, 2016.
- One (1) AALL Annual Meeting Registration Grant. Thomson Reuters sponsors this each year for our SIS.
Rules for Awarding Grants:
Membership in SIS is a prerequisite to receiving the grant.
- Grants should be made on the basis of:
- Financial need
- Proven potential ability
- Promise of future usefulness and permanence in the law library profession
- Grants may be withdrawn for sufficient cause by unanimous action of the Committee.
- Should circumstances prevent use of the grant by the recipient, the award is to be handled at the discretion of the Committee.
- Recipient is required to provide receipts of expenses, sent to the Committee chair, within a week of the conference conclusion.
- First time applicants will take priority over previous recipients. Individuals who have received an GLL grant in the current or previous two Association fiscal years will not be eligible. However, an award may be presented to a previous recipient if there are fewer qualified applicants than awards available.
- All members of the GLL SIS are eligible regardless of number years of membership.