The immediate past-chair of the section:
- Serves as a member of the OBS-SIS Executive Board for one full year after stepping down as Chair. Generally acts in an advisory capacity to the new Chair.
- Reviews, revises and updates the OBS-SIS Procedures Manual, calling on any outgoing board members and committee chairs, as appropriate. At least once every five years, the procedures should be thoroughly examined.
- Sends OBS-SIS-related reports, correspondence, etc. to the new Chair, after first weeding through the files to remove duplicate or unnecessary papers.
- Sends appropriate materials to AALL Archives.
- May assist with special projects, as needed.