The Education Committee solicits, reviews, and assists in the submission of TS-SIS program proposals and workshops for the AALL Annual Meeting.
The Chair of the Education Committee is appointed by the TS-SIS Vice Chair/Chair-Elect, in consultation with the TS-SIS Executive Board. The membership of the committee is composed of one member from each of the TS-SIS Standing Committees: Acquisitions; Cataloging and Classification; Serials; and Preservation, and a member from the Professional Development Committee. The TS-SIS Vice-Chair/Chair-Elect at the time the appointments are made serves as an ex-officio member of the committee.
The committee chair:
- Solicits program/workshop ideas from the TS-SIS membership prior and during the AALL Annual Meeting.
- Meets with the committee at the annual meeting to discuss proposals.
- Distributes AMPC criteria for program submission to the TS-SIS membership.
- Maintains contact with each program coordinator to monitor the status of all program proposals and to ensure that all relevant forms are submitted and all deadlines are met.
- Submits a written report detailing the committee's activities to the TS-SIS Chair by August 1.
- Reports briefly on the committee's activities at the TS-SIS Business Meeting during the annual meeting.
Revised June 27, 2013