The TS-SIS Business Meeting will be held Sunday, July 15, 2007, 5:30-6:45 p.m. in Hilton-Grand Salon 9-12.
TS-SIS Activities Table
Volunteer at the TS-SIS Activities Table.
Planning for the 2008 AALL Annual Meeting in Portland, Oregon
Join us at the TS-SIS Education Committee Meeting
Monday, July 16, 2007, 11:45 am-1:00 pm
Ernest N. Morial Convention Center, Room 230
While it may seem way too earlier to think about AALL in 2008, we need to plan now due to the very short time-frame for submitting program ideas after the 2007 Annual meeting. We have lots of flexibility to propose learning opportunities that are important to us, but we need your ideas! If you would like TS-SIS to consider sponsoring your program, please read on...
The theme for the 2008 meeting is Energize, Explore, Evolve See incoming AALL President Ann
Deadline if Requesting TS-SIS Sponsorship
Final deadline for submitting your program, workshop or topic to the TS-SIS Education Committee is Friday, August 3, 2007, 5:00 pm PDT.
All TS-SIS Education Committee members are available to assist you. We are open to collaborating with other SIS's or committees. Don't limit your presentation to the traditional 3 talking-head panels. See page 18 in the Handbook (see link below) for alternative presentation formats.
- Refer to the Program Planners Handbook for more information.
- Beginning on p. 35 of the Handbook are step-by-step guidelines for using the online web site to create your proposal.
- You do not need to complete your proposal in one session. You can save your work in progress and log back in as many times as needed to complete your proposal.
- If you are seeking TS-SIS sponsorship, identify TS-SIS as the sponsor (or co-sponsor).
- When you have completed (but NOT submitted) your proposal, click on the "Share" button and enter Alan Keely's e-mail address: Keely@wfu.edu as one of the recipients. Your proposal will then be automatically sent to Alan Keely, who will forward it to the TS-SIS Education Committee to review.
- IMPORTANT: Do not click on the "Submit Proposal" button until you have heard from the TS-SIS Education Committee. If you click on the "Submit Proposal" button, the proposal goes directly to AMPC and you will no longer be able to revise it.
When will TS-SIS notify people about sponsorship?
We will notify everyone who has submitted a proposal to TS-SIS no later than Thursday, August 9, 2007, as to whether we will sponsor your program. Individuals may also choose to submit programs directly to AMPC without our sponsorship.
Plan to attend the TS-SIS Education Committee meeting, Monday, July 16, 2007, 11:45 AM-1:00 pm, in the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center, Room 230.
Members of the Education Committee are:
2008 program planning links on this page:
- Ann Fessenden's theme description
- Program Planners Handbook
- AALL proposal submission web site
TS-SIS Sponsored Educational Programs
Descriptions for the TS-SIS educational programs and roundtables are available.