Preservation Committee Wants Your Worst Book Ever
3rd Annual Worst Book Contest
Win $150 for your library in a preservation contest!
The Preservation Committee wants a picture of your worst book ever. NOT the worst book you ever read but rather the book that is in the worst PHYSICAL CONDITION.
- Send a digital picture before JULY 7, 2014 along with the title, copyright, and the story of what happened to the book.
- There is no publication date restriction.
- Rally your staff and let the "Worst Book Ever" search begin.
- Print and post the 2013 contest flyer in your staff area! (86 KB PDF)
- No condition will be excluded.
- Just think, you can buy some preservation supplies, sign up for a webinar or defray costs of repairing a book. Just forward your receipt to TS (within 60 days of being announced the winner) and we will reimburse you up to $150.00.
The winner will be announced July 8, 2014 by the Preservation Committee.
Send your 2014 entry photo(s) by July 7 to:
Maxine Wright, at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Other things you can buy with the award money:
- Water alarm
- Moisture resistant boxes
- Interleaving papers and tissues
- Cutters and trimmers
- Mount making tools
- Transport cart
- Display products
- Disaster kits and components
Or, how about:
- Book deodorizers: get rid of unpleasant odors emanating from your books.
- Brass paper clips: no more rust stains on paper.
- Unbleached cotton tying string: no more red discoloration on book cover and pages.
- Compact electric eraser: get rid of marks easy, evenly and without discoloration.
- Glass weights: stop moving brick weights around in order to see the title of books; try glass weights. They are transparent and more attractive.
- A swanky conservation display box with the beautiful clasp lid for one of your rare books.