Here is the slate of TS-SIS programs and meetings to be held in San Antonio, Texas during the 2014 AALL Annual Meeting, July 12-15, 2014. Many thanks to the members of the 2014 TS-SIS Education Committee for providing such excellent programming for San Antonio!
Show your TS pride! Pickup a ribbon for your badge when you visit the TS activities table in the exhibit hall. Blue ribbons for new members, orange ribbons for established members. It's a great way to introduce yourself to members you don't know and to welcome new members.
- See also:
- Alphabetical list and program descriptions.
- Committee and Other Reports
- TS-SIS Activities Table: Volunteer Now
- The silent auction to help fund the Marla J. Schwartz Grant will be held again this year at the activities table. Donations of craftwork, handiwork, etc., are welcome and may be dropped off directly at the TS-SIS table within the exhibit hall beginning at 5:00 p.m. on Saturday, July 12. Contact Eric Parker, ecp278 [at ]law.northwestern.edu or (312) 503-7920, with questions.
UPDATE: A big THANK YOU to everyone who participated in the TS-SIS silent auction in San Antonio. We raised a total of $237 this year to go toward the Marla J. Schwartz Grant fund. Whether you donated an item, bid on an item, submitted a winning bid, or just had fun looking at the items on the table--thank you so much for making the auction a success.
- Aaron Kuperman, LC Law Cataloging Section, will be at the TS Table (when not at meetings) to answer questions about LC cataloging practices. Feel free to stop by and visit with Aaron.
- The Preservation Committee will have "Preservation Scramblers" with a chance to win a Subway Sandwich Gift Card (while supplies last). Here are some teasers: 1) ilef_ ccely_ angneaemtm; 2) reeipicsvtd_ aaatemtd; 3) mluelv; 4) aiitdlg _ nvpeoecarn; 5) beno_ sapslc.
- Mobile App: download from My Conference Planner (upper right of page).
- Follow Annual Meeting on Facebook and Twitter.
- Worst Book Contest
- San Antonio Survival Guide
Updated 7/8/2014 – Send updates/corrections to: Martin Wisneski, Washburn University Law Library
Saturday, July 12, 2014
- 8:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m. – Innovative Law Users Group – Marriott Rivercenter-Salon J
- 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m. – Workshop W2: Techniques for Electronic Resource Management (TERMS): From Coping to Best Practices – HBGCC-Room 205 [Description]
- 1:45-2:45 p.m. – TSLL Executive Board Meeting – HBGCC-Room 210A
- 5:00-6:30 p.m. – Exhibit Hall Ribbon Cutting/Opening Reception – HBGCC-Exhibit Hall C
- 7:00-9:00 p.m. – TS/OBS/RIPS/CS-SIS Joint Reception (sponsored by Innovative Interfaces) – Marriott Riverwalk-Alamo Ballroom Salon D
Sunday, July 13, 2014
- 7:30-8:15 a.m.
- Cataloging and Classification Standing Committee – Marriott Rivercenter-Salon J
- 10:30 a.m. – Exhibit Hall Opens (closes 5:00 p.m.)
- 11:45-1:00 p.m.
- Executive Board Meeting 2013-2014 and 2014-2015 (outgoing and incoming) – Marriott Rivercenter-Salon K
- Local Systems Roundtable (OBS-SIS) – Marriott Riverwalk-Travis
- 1:15-2:45 p.m. – Program A2: A Dialog for Catalogers and Reference Librarians: Class K from Alpha to Omega – HBGCC-Room 217A [Description]
- 4:00-5:15 p.m. – Program B4: The Accidental Archivist: Creating Archives on a Shoestring Budget – HBGCC-Room 217A [Description]
- 5:30-7:00 p.m. – Business and Awards Meeting – HBGCC-Room 207B (Agenda)
- 5:30-6:30 p.m. – Rare Book Cataloging Roundtable (LHRB) – HBGCC-Room 210B
Monday, July 14, 2014
- 7:00-8:15 a.m. – Acquisitions and Serials Standing Committees and Roundtables Meeting – Marriott Rivercenter-Salon C
- 7:30-8:45 a.m. – Classification and Subject Cataloging Policy Advisory Working Group Meeting – HBGCC-Room 216B
- 8:45-10:00 a.m. – Heads of Cataloging in Large Libraries Committee Breakfast Meeting – Location TBA
- 9:00 a.m. – Exhibit Hall Opens (breakfast, 9:00-10:00 a.m.) (closes 5:00 p.m.)
- 11:45 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
- Descriptive Cataloging Policy Advisory Working Group Meeting – HBGCC-Room 216A
- Education Committee Meeting for 2015 Annual Meeting – HBGCC-Room 216B
- OCLC User's Roundtable and Update (OBS-SIS) – HBGCC-Room 007A
- 1:00-2:00 p.m.
- Program C1: The Once and Future Federal Depository Library Program – HBGCC-Room 217A [Description]
- Program C4: Click and Go: Ensuring Smooth Access to Online Resources – HBGCC-Room 217BC [Description]
- 2:30-3:45 p.m. – Program D2: Hip Tips for the Acquisitions Librarian – HBGCC-Room 214CD [Description]
- 5:30-6:30 p.m.
- Cataloging and Classification Roundtable – Marriott Rivercenter-Salon M
- Preservation Standing Committee – HBGCC-Room 210A
- Collection Development Roundtable (ALL-SIS) – HBGCC-Room 007D
- 7:00-10:00 p.m. – Thomson Reuters and AALL Member Appreciation Event (Round-trip transportation will begin leaving the Marriott Rivercenter at 6:30 p.m., with continued service until the party ends at 10:00 p.m.)
Tuesday, July 15, 2013
- 7:00-8:15 a.m.
- Technical Services Management Issues Roundtable – Marriott Riverwalk-Bowie
- Task Group on Vendor-Supplied Bibliographic Records – HBGCC-Room 218
- 8:30-9:45 a.m.
- Program E3: Learning to Lead Yourself and Others Through the Unexpected – HBGCC-Room 214AB [Description]
- CANCELLED – Program E4: Back to the Future: AALL and Law Libraries in the Digital Age – HBGCC-Room 217D [Description]
- 10:00 a.m. – Exhibit Hall Opens (closes 3:00 p.m.)
- 10:15-11:30 a.m. – Program F1: Orbis Cascade Alliance Summit: A Library Management Service Model for the Future – HBGCC-Room 217A [Description]
- 1:15-2:15 p.m. – Exhibit Hall Break (includes dessert)
- 3:45-4:45 p.m.
- Program H2: The Law and Ethics of Aggregation and Content Distribution – HBGCC-Room 217D [Description]
- Program H3: The Bookless Law Library: Potential Reality or Flight of Fancy? – HBGCC-Room 214AB [Description]
- Program H4: Gov Docs Basics - Where There Is No Such Thing as a Stupid Question – HBGCC-Room 217BC [Description]