Patricia K. Turpening
2004 Renee D. Chapman Memorial Award Recipient
The Awards Committee of the Technical Services SIS is pleased to announce that this year’s winner of the Renee D. Chapman Award for Outstanding Contributions in Technical Services Law Librarianship is Patricia K. Turpening.
Patricia is the Head of Preservation and Archives, Robert S. Marx Law Library, University of Cincinnati College of Law. She is an expert in the field of preservation and an active member of AALL and the Technical Services SIS. Her many contributions to the field include:
- Chair of the TS-SIS Preservation Committee, 1983-1987, 1998-2000, 2002-Present
- TS-SIS Executive Board, 1983-1987, 1998-2000, 2002-Present
- Editor of Technical Services Law Librarian, 1990-1994
- Preservation Columnist for Technical Services Law Librarian, 1983-1996
- Chair of the AALL Preservation Committee, 1993-1994
- AALL Special Committee on Preservation Needs of Law Libraries, 1987-1988
- Presenter and coordinator for many AALL and chapter programs
- Author of numerous publications dealing with preservation
The award will be made at the Technical Services SIS business meeting, Sunday, July 11, 2004 at 5:30 p.m. Please join with the SIS in honoring Patricia Turpening for her leadership and commitment to technical services librarianship.
Chair of the TS-SIS Awards Committee 2003-2004.