Ann G. Sitkin
2005 Renee D. Chapman Memorial Award Recipient
The Awards Committee of the Technical Services SIS is pleased to announce that this year's winner of the Renee D. Chapman Award for Outstanding Contributions in Technical Services Law Librarianship is Ann G. Sitkin.
Ann is Cataloging Services Librarian at Harvard Law School Library. Known widely for her work on cataloging standards, Ann has been the voice of the law cataloging community for many national and international policy-making bodies. She has also taken an active role in AALL and the Technical Services SIS. Her notable contributions to the field include:
- Chair, TS-SIS Cataloging and Classification Committee, 1990-1992
- Representative from AALL to ALA/ALCTS/CCS/CC:DA, 1993-1999
- Member of CONSER Task Group on the Functional Requirements of a Bibliographic Record (FRBR) and Continuing Resources, 2002-
- Member of Program on Cooperative Cataloging, Standing Committee on Standards, 2001-
- Member, Task Group to Review Revision of AACR2 Chapter 12, 2000-2001
- Instructor for AALL and chapter cataloging workshops
- Presenter and coordinator for many AALL programs
The award will be presented at the Technical Services SIS business meeting, Sunday, July 17, 2005 at 5:30 p.m. Please join with the SIS in honoring Ann Sitkin for her leadership and commitment to technical services librarianship.
Janice K. Shull
Chair of the TS-SIS Awards Committee 2004-2005