See the Cataloging and Classification Committee 2016 Annual Meeting agenda (53 KB PDF).
Harvard Law Library
hostage [at] law.harvard.edu
2015/2016 Membership Roster
Go to roster.
Electronic Discussion List
ts-cataloging [at] aallnet.org (overview and instructions)
The Cataloging and Classification Standing Committee addresses issues pertaining to the cataloging and classification of legal resources.
Responsibilities of the Chair
- Sets the agenda and presides over the standing committee meetings held during the American Association of Law Libraries (AALL) Annual Meeting.
- Organizes the Cataloging & Classification Roundtable during AALL Annual Meeting.
- Submits the Annual Report and the Minutes of the AALL Annual Meeting.
- Serves as Ex Officio member of the TS-SIS Education Committee and solicits or submits programs and workshop proposals to the TS-SIS Education Committee.
- Appoints the chairs of the Descriptive Cataloging Advisory Working Group (DCAG), the Classification and Subject Cataloging Advisory Working Group (CSCAG) and the Vendor-Supplied Records Advisory Working Group (VRAG).
- Appoints the chair of the Heads of Cataloging in Large Libraries Roundtable.
- Appoints the facilitators of the Cataloging & Classification Roundtable, the New Catalogers Roundtable, and the Rare Book Cataloging Roundtable.
- Keeps members of the Cataloging and Classification Standing Committee informed of the activities of the working groups, committees and subcommittees.
Any members in good standing of TS-SIS, who express an interest in volunteering, are appointed by the chair. Members are expected to:
- Respond in an informed and timely manner to calls of the chair.
- Contribute to discussions or consultations initiated by the chair.
Official Policy Statement
See the TS-SIS Handbook for more information about the committee.