TS-SIS Long-Time Member Profile:
John P. Bissett
Washington and Lee University
Law School Library
bissettj@wlu dot edu
On this page:
Place And Date Of Birth
June, 1946, Winter Haven, Florida
- Florida State University, BA 1969
- Florida State University, MSLS 1970
music, classic cars, gardening.
Inspiration For Becoming A Law Librarian
Exposure to the West reporters
and their organization; timely job opening.
Current Position Challenges
Anticipating adding acquisitions
supervision to cataloging.
- Central Missouri State University, 1971-1975
- University of Texas at Dallas, 1975-1979
- Mary Washington College, 1980-1981
- Washington and Lee University School of Law, 1981-present
'Crazy' Non-Professional Activity
Can’t think of one!
Earliest Childhood Memory
Walking down the dirt road from
our house to my grandmother’s, through an orange grove.
Where In Five Years?
- American Association of Law Libraries (AALL)
- Council of SIS Chairs (Chair, 1999-2000);
- Special Interest Sections:
- Technical Services;
- Online Bibliographic Services (Chair, 1998-1999)
- Southeastern Chapter of AALL (SEAALL):
- Committees: Newsletter; Membership (Chair, 1998-1999)
- Treasurer, 2005-2007