TS-SIS Long-Time Member Profile:
Curt E. Conklin
Associate Director for Technical Services
Howard W. Hunter Law Library
Brigham Young University
On this page:
Place And Date Of Birth
Born April 8, 1947, Huntington Park CA
- BA, BYU 1972
- MLS, BYU 1977
- M.Ed, BYU 1985
Mountain Biking, restoring old Volkswagens, golf, tennis.
Inspiration For Becoming A Law Librarian
A friend and mentor, Heinz Peter Mueller introduced me to the field,
hired me, and encouraged me throughout my career.
Current Position Challenges
Keeping abreast of changes within the field, i.e., standards, formats,
- Hunter Law Library:
- Serials Librarian, 1972-1975
- 1Cataloger 1975-
- Head, Technical Services, 1975-2000.
- Associate Director for Technical Services, 2000-
'Crazy' Non-Professional Activity
In 1996 and 1997 I hiked from the South Rim of the Grand Canyon to the
Colorado River and back up, on the PRIMITIVE, un-maintained Hermit
Trail, with full camping gear and pack.
Earliest Childhood Memory
Kindergarten, private school, resting on the floor mats after lunch,
also learning to sing French songs in Kindergarten.
Where In Five Years?
Retired and living in Melbourne Australia.
- American Association of Law Libraries (AALL), 1974-
- Chair, Cataloging Committee 1980-81.
- Chair, Preservation Committee 1992-93
- TS-SIS/OBSIS Technical Services Librarian Board member
- Utah College Library Consortium/ Utah Academic Library
- Cataloging Committee 1975-
- Chair, 1982-83