TS-SIS Long-Time Member Profile:
Joan R. Englander
Technical Services Librarian
Bracewell & Giuliani, LLP
On this page:
Place And Date Of Birth
November 12, 1955 - Dallas, Texas.
- B.F.A. – 1977 – University of Houston.
- M.L.S. – 1978 – North Texas State
Boy Scouts (Leadership positions, 1990-Present), Reading, Sewing.
Inspiration For Becoming A Law Librarian
Librarianship in general has been a passion all my life. I was
especially influenced by my high school librarian, Mrs. Smith and was
involved in Library Service Club in high school. Law librarianship was
accidental. After seeing an ad for a position as Technical Services
Librarian in the Dallas newspaper, I applied and the rest is history!
Earl Borgeson was my first professional boss and I learned a lot about
librarianship and law librarianship in particular from him.
Current Position Challenges
Keeping up with the workload!
- 1998-Present – Technical Services Librarian – Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- 1989-1998 – Associate Law Librarian – Harris County Law Library
- 1979-1989 – Technical Services Librarian, Senior Technical Services Librarian, Reference Librarian – Underwood Law Library, Southern Methodist University.
My son, Aaron and my dog, Stefani.
Earliest Childhood Memory
Trip to the Northeast (Pennsylvania, New York, Montreal) at age 4.
Where In Five Years?
Still plugging along to get the information and resources out to our attorneys as quickly and efficiently as possible!
- 1979-1989, 2005- DALL
- 1979-1989 – SWALL
- 1979-Present – AALL, TS-SIS;
- 1979-1989 ALL-SIS
- 1998-Present PLL-SIS
- 1989-Present – HALL