TS-SIS Long-Time Member Profile:
Brooklyn Law School Library
On this page:
Place And Date Of Birth
Sept. 5, 1937, Lahore, Pakistan
- Punjab University, INDIA:
- B.A. (English, History & Pol.Sc.)1957;
- LLB. (Laws) 1959;
- Bechelor of .Library Science (1962);
- M.A. (Political Science) 1969.
- M.Lib. Sc. (1974) CUNY Queens College, New York, U.S.A.
Inspiration For Becoming A Law Librarian
I have always been close to legal institution because of my father
having worked in a Law School in India for more than 25 years. I went
to the same Law School and did LLB. After this I worked for State
Judicial system and worked for State’s Highest Court , Punjab
High Court in Chandigarh, Punjab, INDIA for about 4 years. After
leaving this job I practiced Law for few months but did not like.
between I acquired Library Science degree and Joined Punjab University
Library for about 2 years. After this I moved to the Department of
Laws, Punjab University Library (where my father worked for 25 years
and I also received my Law degree) as Head Librarian and served until
May 1970 when I migrated to USA.
Current Position Challenges
I am in Acquisition and Serials Department now and all thru my careers.
I kept buying and updating library collection.
- Punjab High Court, Chandigarh, INDIA, May 1959-October
- Punjab University Library and Department of Laws Library
(India), 1964-June 1970;
- New School for Social Research, New York, Sept. 1970-May 1979;
- Suny at Stony Brook Library, Stony Brook, New York, May
- Brooklyn Law School Library, Brooklyn, New York, March
1989- to date.
'Crazy' Non-Professional Activity
Retail business for few years in between the jobs. Customer contact and
To be of service to the educational community.
Where In Five Years?