TS-SIS Long-Time Member Profile:
Sally H Wambold
University of Richmond
Law School Library
On this page:
Place And Date Of Birth
Born 1947 in Norfolk, VA.
- B.A. with a major in German language, 1969, - Old Dominion
- M.S.L.S., 1979, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
My hobbies include reading (of course), cooking, singing, playing the
piano, and caring for our three kitties, Varm, Keebler, and Sweet
Inspiration For Becoming A Law Librarian
Since I spent most of my university years in a library, an academic
• library seemed a congenial place to work. The librarians in
the libraries where I studied became role models I admired.
My mentor was a very positive,
intelligent German professor who encouraged me most kindly.
Current Position Challenges
Keeping up with all the new developments, for example, CONNEXION and
Unicode and upcoming FRBR.
My prior library experience includes working in cataloging
at the University of Virginia, Alderman Library; working in circulation
at J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College Library; working at
Tompkins-McCaw Medical Library of VCU-MCV; and working at the Norfolk
Public Library in Circulation.
'Crazy' Non-Professional Activity
Buying an Acura RSX and then selling it barely two years later.
Earliest Childhood Memory
Sitting under the magnolia tree and pouring sand in my hair.
Where In Five Years?
I see myself retired and volunteering in the Richmond Animal League.
I'd also like to read the books I've stockpiled.
- I was Chair of the Online Bibliographic Services Special
Interest Section in 1997.
- I coordinated several Annual Meeting programs.
- I was Chair of the AALL Public Relations Committee,
- I was Secretary of the Virginia Association of Law
- I was Treasurer of the Southeastern Chapter of the American
Association of Law.