Hot Java: News from the Coffee Klatch
- Congratulations to ALL-SIS members nominated for next year's AALL slate: Barbara Bintliff (University of Colorado)
running for AALL President, Pauline Aranas (Vanderbilt), Bobby Studwell (Thomas M. Cooley), and Sally Holterhoff
- Suzanne Thorpe, Assistant Director for Faculty and Public Services, University of Minnesota Law Library, has been named
the inaugural Caroline Brede Scholar for 1999-2001. The Caroline Brede Scholar is funded through a generous endowment to the
Law School from Caroline Brede, a 64-year employee of the School. The award supports the scholarly research efforts of a
member of the University of Minnesota Law Library staff who exhibits dedication to advancing the service mission of the Law
Library, and who has produced significant scholarship in the fields of legal research and law librarianship.
Congratulations to Suzanne.
- Beatrice S. Citron, Associate Law Librarian & Head of Public Services at St. Thomas University Law Library in Miami,
Florida, retired on August 31, 1999. Beatrice previously worked at St. Mary's Law Library in San Antonio, Texas.
She has served as President of the South Florida Association of Law Libraries. In addition Beatrice has served on
committees for SEALL, SWALL, and AALL.
- Jessica Hogan, University of Denver Law Library, contributed a column entitled "Teachable Moments" for the Spring 1999
issue of Perspectives: Teaching Legal Research and Writing.
- Georgia Briscoe, University of Denver Law Library has been elected Member-At-Large to the Online Bibliographic Systems
SIS of AALL.
- Patty Wellinger, University of Denver Law Library, was appointed Chair of the AALL Placement Committee 1999-2000.
In addition, she was appointed as a Committee News column editor for the AALL Spectrum.