General Information Resources
- Coverage of materials: 2005 to present
- Items listed by format and, then, in reverse chronological order
- Hyperlinks are to articles, PowerPoint presentations, tables of contents of books, or online lectures.
- Barbara A. Bintliff, Laura N. Gasaway, Penny A. Hazelton, Frank G. Houdek, Janis L. Johnston, Martha Dragich Pearson, Charles Ten Brink & Michelle Wu, Rebuilding the Profession: Recommendations for Librarians Interested in Becoming Academic Law Library Directors, 99 Law Libr. J. 101 (2007).
- Nancy A. Armstrong, The Search for a Law Library Director, 98 Law Libr. J. 253 (2006).
- Matthew R. Steinke, Rebuilding the Profession at AALL, ALL-SIS Newsl. (Acad. Law Libr.—Special Int. Sect., Am. Ass’n Law Libr.), Spring 2006, at 24.
- Penny Hazelton, Rebuilding the Profession: A Workshop for Librarians Interested in an Academic Directorship—A Reprise, LLOPSCited, Fall 2005, at 13.
Programs and Conferences
- American Association of Law Libraries
- Annual Meeting
Compiled using Frank Houdek’s AALL Annual Meetings: An Annotated Index of the Recordings (1989– ), Penny Hazelton’s conference notes, and the AALL Annual Meeting program guides.
The following workshop was held outside of the AALL Annual Meeting schedule and is not part of the conference sound recording.
- Laura N. Gasaway, Janis Johnston, Martha Dragich, Barbara Bintliff, Frank Houdek, Penny Hazelton, Michelle Wu & Charles Ten Brink, Rebuilding the Profession: A Workshop for Librarians Interested in an Academic Directorship (July 20, 2005) in 99 Law Libr. J. 101 (2007).
- Annual Meeting
- American Association of Law Schools
Many of the program lectures and materials are available on the program websites. Follow the links below.
- Oren Bracha, Gail Murphy Daly, Janis L. Johnston, Margaret Maes & Scott B. Pagel, New Directors Workshop (Jan. 6, 2008).
- Filippa Marullo Anzalone (moderator) and Paul George, Claire M. Germain, Penelope A. Hazelton, Sara Robbins, Linda M. Ryan & Julia Wentz (speakers), Program for New Directors: Relating to Your Colleagues; or Faculty Relations for Law Library Directors (Jan. 6, 2007).