Tenure and Institutional Governance Resources
- Coverage of materials: 2005 to present
- Items listed by format and, then, in reverse chronological order
- Hyperlinks are to articles, PowerPoint presentations, tables of contents of books, or online lectures.
- Barbara A. Bintliff, Laura N. Gasaway, Penny A. Hazelton, Frank G. Houdek, Janis L. Johnston, Martha Dragich Pearson, Charles Ten Brink & Michelle Wu, Rebuilding the Profession: Recommendations for Librarians Interested in Becoming Academic Law Library Directors, 99 Law Libr. J. 101 (2007).
- Richard A. Danner and Barbara A. Bintliff, Academic Freedom Issues for Academic Librarians, Legal Reference Services Q., April. 2006, at 13.
- Susan P. Liemer, The Hierarchy of Law School Faculty Meetings: Who Votes, 73 U. Mo. Kan. City L. Rev. 351 (2004–2005).
Programs and Conferences
- American Association of Law Libraries
- Annual Meeting
Compiled using Frank Houdek’s AALL Annual Meetings: An Annotated Index of the Recordings (1989– ), Penny Hazelton’s conference notes, and the AALL Annual Meeting program guides.
Conference proceedings for the following meetings can be accessed through sound recordings called Pioneering Change 99th AALL Annual Meeting and Conference, St. Louis, MO, LA, July 8–12, 2006 and are available at thirty-three libraries world-wide (according to WorldCat search on May 23, 2008).
- A1: Barbara Bintliff, Penny Hazelton, Richard Danner, James Duggan, Exploring Uncharted Territory: The Culture and Context of the University (July 9, 2006).
The following workshop was held outside of the AALL Annual Meeting schedule and is not part of the conference sound recording.
- Laura N. Gasaway, Janis Johnston, Martha Dragich, Barbara Bintliff, Frank Houdek, Penny Hazelton, Michelle Wu & Charles Ten Brink, Rebuilding the Profession: A Workshop for Librarians Interested in an Academic Directorship (July 20, 2005) in 99 Law Libr. J. 101 (2007).
- Annual Meeting
- American Association of Law Schools
Many of the program lectures and materials are available on the program websites. Follow the links below.
- Marina Angel (moderator and speaker) and Robin D. Barnes, Kristin B. Gerdy & Suellyn Scarnecchia, The Changed Organization Structure of Law Schools and Its Impact on Faculty (Jan. 7, 2007).
- Leonard M. Baynes (moderator) and David B. Cruz, Emily M.S. Houh, Spencer A. Overton, Suellyn Scarnecchia and Adrien Katherine Wing (speakers), Surviving and Thriving Tenure: Concrete Steps for People of Color and Their Law Schools to Take to Successfully Complete the Tenure Process (Jan. 5, 2006).
- Kenneth W. Starr (moderator) and Barbara Bintliff, John H. Garvey, Penelope A. Hazelton, Billie Jo Kaufman, Nancy Rogers & David E. Van Zandt (speakers), How I See It: A Dialogue Between Deans and Law Library Directors (Jan. 5, 2006).
- Michael A. Olivas (moderator) and (speakers) Marina Angel, James J. Fishman & Risa L. Lieberwitz, The “Corporation” of the Modern University: Changing Organizational Structures in Higher Education (Jan. 7, 2005) in 38 Akron L. Rev. 759 (2005).