FCIL-SIS History Trivia Quiz
Submitted by Mary Rumsey
As part of the AALL Centennial celebrations, here's a short quiz:
1. Who was the first chair of the SIS?
a. Dan Wade b. Mila Rush c. Claire Germain
2. Who was the first editor of the SIS newsletter?
a. Annette Demers b. Dan Wade c. Tom Reynolds
3. Who was the first SIS webmaster?
a. Anne Burnett b. Marc Andreesen c. Lyonette Louis-Jacques
4. Which two of the following FCIL members started the INT-LAW listserv?
a. Lyonette Louis-Jacques b. Suzanne Thorpe c. Mila Rush
5. What was the theme of Jean Davis's reign as FCIL chair?
a. baseball b. "Star Wars" c. cricket d. hip-hop
6. What university was the home institution of the most FCIL chairs, at the time of their nomination?
a. NYU b. Yale c. Harvard d. Duke
7. What publisher sponsored the AALL foreign and international Institutes in the early to mid-1990's?
a. Hein b. West, a Thomson Corporation c. Thomson, a West Corporation d. Oceana
8. What publisher has typically sponsored the FCIL-SIS Reception for Attendees from Abroad?
a. Kluwer b. Martinus Nijhoff c. West, a Thomson Corporation
9. From which of the following countries has a Schaffer grant recipient come:
a. Kazakhstan b. Kenya c. Indonesia d. Kyrgyz Republic
10. Who is the long-time chair of the African Interest Group?
a. Mary Strouse b. Victor Essien c. Marilyn Raisch
Answers: 1.c; 2.b; 3.a; 4.a,c; 5.a; 6.b; 7.d; 8.c; 9.d; 10.b.