Scholarships and Grants
Marcia J. Koslov Scholarship
Jointly established by AALL and member Marcia J. Koslov, this scholarship is directed at members who serve as librarians in state, court, or county libraries.
This scholarship provides funding for members to attend live seminars and conferences presented by the Institute for Court Management, the Center for Legal and Court Technology, the Equal Justice Conference or other programs that provide continuing education for state, court or county law librarians.
Applications are due on April 1. For more information and an application form, visit the AALL Marcia J. Koslov Scholarship page.
For information about other AALL scholarships, please visit Scholarships in the Member Resources section of the AALL website.
2013 Scholarships and Grants
The SCCLL offers grants to attend the Annual Meeting and the Equal Justice Conference.
- 2013 Equal Justice Conference, May 9-11, 2013 in St. Louis, MO
Application Deadline: February 22nd
- 2013 AALL Annual Meeting, July 13-16, 2013 in Seattle, WA
Application Deadline: April 5th
Email the completed, signed application and one signed letter of recommendation to the SCCLL Grants Committee Chair:
RULES FOR AWARDING GRANTS
- Membership in State, Court & County SIS is a prerequisite to receiving the grant.
- Grants should be made on the basis of:
- Financial need
- Proven potential ability
- Promise of future usefulness and permanence in the law library profession
- Grants may be withdrawn for sufficient cause by unanimous action of the Committee.
- Should circumstances prevent use of the grant by the recipient, the award is to be handled at the discretion of the Committee.
- Recipient is required to provide receipts of expenses, sent to the Committee chair, within a week of the conference conclusion.
- First time applicants will take priority over previous recipients. Individuals who have received an SCCLL grant in the current or previous two Association fiscal years will not be eligible. However, an award may be presented to a previous recipient if there are fewer qualified applicants than awards available.
- All members of SCCLL are eligible regardless of number years of membership.