2007 Annual Meeting Information
The TS-SIS Business Meeting will be held Sunday, July 15, 2007, 5:30-6:45 p.m. in Hilton-Grand Salon 9-12.
- Get the Business Meeting Agenda
- Learn about the Proposed Bylaws Amendment
- Annual Reports
- CC:DA Representative (added 7/24/2007)
- MARBI Representative (64 KB PDF) (added 7/13/2007)
- Nominating Committee (added 7/10/2007)
- Membership Committee (added 7/10/2007)
- Vice-Chair/Chair Elect (added 7/10/2007)
- Secretary/Treasurer (added 7/10/2007)
- Member at Large: Anderson (added 7/10/2007)
- Member at Large: Whited (added 7/10/2007)
- Exchange of Duplicates Program and Discussion Topics (8 KB PDF) (added 7/10/2007)
- Serials Standing Committee (added 7/10/2007)
- Bylaws Committee (added 7/9/2007)
- Preservation Standing Committee (added 7/9/2007)
- Cataloging and Classification Standing Committee (added 7/9/2007)
- Task Group on Vendor-Supplied Bibliographic Records (added 7/9/2007)
- Classification and Subject Cataloging Policy Advisory Working Group (added 7/9/2007)
- Awards Committee (added 7/9/2007)
- Inherently Legal Subject Headings Project (added 7/6/2007)
- SAC Representative (added 7/6/2007)
TS-SIS Activities Table
Volunteer at the TS-SIS Activities Table.
Planning for the 2008 AALL Annual Meeting in Portland, Oregon
Join us at the TS-SIS Education Committee Meeting
Monday, July 16, 2007, 11:45 am-1:00 pm
Ernest N. Morial Convention Center, Room 230
While it may seem way too earlier to think about AALL in 2008, we need to plan now due to the very short time-frame for submitting program ideas after the 2007 Annual meeting. We have lots of flexibility to propose learning opportunities that are important to us, but we need your ideas! If you would like TS-SIS to consider sponsoring your program, please read on...
The theme for the 2008 meeting is Energize, Explore, Evolve See incoming AALL President Ann Fessenden's description.
Deadline if Requesting TS-SIS Sponsorship
Final deadline for submitting your program, workshop or topic to the TS-SIS Education Committee is Friday, August 3, 2007, 5:00 pm PDT.
All TS-SIS Education Committee members are available to assist you. We are open to collaborating with other SIS's or committees. Don't limit your presentation to the traditional 3 talking-head panels. See page 18 in the Handbook (see link below) for alternative presentation formats.
- Refer to the Program Planners Handbook for more information.
- Beginning on p. 35 of the Handbook are step-by-step guidelines for using the online web site to create your proposal.
- You do not need to complete your proposal in one session. You can save your work in progress and log back in as many times as needed to complete your proposal.
- If you are seeking TS-SIS sponsorship, identify TS-SIS as the sponsor (or co-sponsor).
- When you have completed (but NOT submitted) your proposal, click on the "Share" button and enter Alan Keely's e-mail address: Keely@wfu.edu as one of the recipients. Your proposal will then be automatically sent to Alan Keely, who will forward it to the TS-SIS Education Committee to review.
- IMPORTANT: Do not click on the "Submit Proposal" button until you have heard from the TS-SIS Education Committee. If you click on the "Submit Proposal" button, the proposal goes directly to AMPC and you will no longer be able to revise it.
When will TS-SIS notify people about sponsorship?
We will notify everyone who has submitted a proposal to TS-SIS no later than Thursday, August 9, 2007, as to whether we will sponsor your program. Individuals may also choose to submit programs directly to AMPC without our sponsorship.
Plan to attend the TS-SIS Education Committee meeting, Monday, July 16, 2007, 11:45 AM-1:00 pm, in the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center, Room 230.
Members of the Education Committee are:
- Alan Keely, 2007/2008 TS-SIS Chair & Education Committee Chair
Wake Forest University
- Ajaye Bloomstone, Acquisitions Committee Chair
Louisiana State Law Library
- DeDe Bradsher
- Carmen Brigandi
California Western School of Law Library
- Edward T. Hart
University of Florida
- Carol Nicholson, Serials Standing Committee Chair
UNC Chapel Hill
- Karen A. Nuckolls
University of Kentucky Law Library
- Jean Pajerek, Cataloging & Classification Standing Committee Chair
Cornell Law Library
- Janice Anderson, Preservation Committee Chair
- Patricia Sayre McCoy
University of Chicago
- Karen M. Wahl
- Hollie White
Arizona State University
2008 program planning links on this page:
- Ann Fessenden's theme description
- Program Planners Handbook
- AALL proposal submission web site
TS-SIS Sponsored Educational Programs
Descriptions for the TS-SIS educational programs and roundtables are available.
- EMCC = Ernest N. Morial Convention Center
- Wireless access available in lobby areas, 2nd & 3rd floor, meeting rooms and pre-function areas, including the ballrooms. Pricing: $0.30 per minute; $3.95 per hour; $16.95 per day (all connections end at midnight)
- Hilton = Hilton New Orleans Riverside (headquarters hotel)
Friday, July 13, 2007
- Noon-5:00 p.m. — Workshop W1 (F): The Future is Digital: Metadata Standards and Applications — EMCC Room 224 [Description]
Saturday, July 14, 2007
- 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. — Workshop W1 (S): The Future is Digital: Metadata Standards and Applications — EMCC Room 224 [Description]
- 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. — Workshop W2: Delivering the Goods: Effective and Efficient Acquisitions Processes — EMCC Room 219 [Description]
- 5:30-7:00 p.m. — Executive Board Meeting, 2006/2007 — Hilton-Grand Salon 4
- 5:30-6:30 p.m.
- New Catalogers Roundtable — Hilton-Chequers
- Rare Book Cataloging Roundtable — EMCC Room 205
- 7:00-8:30 p.m. — TS/OBS/RIPS/CS-SIS Joint Reception (Sponsored by Innovative Interfaces, Inc.) — Hilton-Marlborough (AB)
- 8:30-10:00 p.m. — Opening Event — EMCC La Louisiane Ballroom
Sunday, July 15, 2007
- 9:00 a.m. — Exhibit Hall Ribbon Cutting — EMCC Exhibit Hall A
- 10:15-11:45 a.m. — Opening General Session / Keynote Speaker — La Louisiane Ballroom
- 12:00-1:15 p.m.
- Heads of Cataloging in Large Libraries Roundtable — Hilton-Eglinton Winton
- Heads of Technical Services Roundtable — Hilton-Melrose
- Preservation Standing Committee Meeting — EMCC Room 204
- Website Advisory Roundtable — Hilton-Cambridge
- 1:30-2:45 p.m.
- 3:00-4:00 p.m.
- Preservation and Binding Committee Roundtable — Hilton-Eglinton Winton
- Program B3: Bringing the Library to the User: the Theory (co-sponsored with OBS-SIS) — EMCC Room 206/207 [Description]
- 4:15-5:15 p.m.
- 5:30-6:45 p.m. — Business Meeting and Awards — Hilton-Grand Salon 9-12
Monday, July 16, 2007
- 7:30-8:30 a.m.
- Acquisitions Standing Committee Meeting — EMCC Room 205
- Joint Research Grant Committee Meeting (OBS-SIS and TS-SIS) — Hilton-Prince of Wales
- Membership Committee Meeting — EMCC Room 203
- 8:45-10:15 a.m. — Cataloging & Classification Standing Committee Meeting — Hilton-Magnolia
- 10:30-11:30 a.m. — Hot Topic Program: Does Cataloging Have a Future? — EMCC Room 224 [Description]
- 11:45 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
- Education Committee 2007/2008 Meeting — EMCC Room 230
- Descriptive Cataloging Policy Advisory Working Group Meeting — EMCC Room 228
- 2:00-3:15 p.m. — Program F7: What to Count, What to Report: the Revised ABA Annual Questionnaire — EMCC Room 225-227 [Description]
- 5:15-6:15 p.m.
- Classification and Subject Cataloging Policy Advisory Working Group Meeting — Hilton Grand Salon 9
- Management Issues Roundtable — EMCC Room 230
Tuesday, July 17, 2007
- 7:30-8:45 a.m.
- Serials Standing Committee Meeting — EMCC Room 230
- Task Force on Standards for Vendor-Supplied Bibliographic Records Meeting — Hilton-Eglinton Winton
- TSLL Board Meeting — Hilton-Cambridge
- 9:00-10:30 a.m. — TS-SIS Program: Indigenous Government and Law in the Americas. Library of Congress Online Classification: A Gateway to Web Resources? — EMCC Room 224 [Description]
- 10:45-11:45 a.m. — Program H5: The Future of Cataloging — EMCC Room 206/207
- 12:00-1:00 p.m. — Research Roundtable (OBS-SIS and TS-SIS) — EMCC Room 228
- 12:00-1:30 p.m.
- 2:45-3:15 p.m. — TS-SIS Program: Casting a Wider Net: The Challenges and Rewards of Making Your Online Catalog a Useful Tool Beyond the Law Library — EMCC Room 224 [Description]
- 3:30-5:15 p.m. — Executive Board Meeting 2007/2008 — Hilton-Eglinton Winton