TS-SIS Education Committee
2011-2012 Annual Report
Beginning in July 2011, the 2011/2012 TS-SIS Education Committee was chaired by Jim Mumm. Members include: Ajaye Bloomstone, Ed Hart, Eric Parker, George Prager, Ismael Gullon, Jim Mumm, Miriam Childs, Richard Paone, Suzanne Graham, Sally Wambold and Wendy Moore.
Overall, nineteen proposals were received, three were withdrawn from our committee, and one was merged with another program. One of the proposals was for a workshop, which we dealt with separately, so the total number for consideration of sponsorship at the 2012 AALL Annual Conference was fourteen programs. The committee felt that all of the program proposals were very strong, and so we thank the people who proposed programs for their diligent work.
Our work included advising the people who submitted proposals, as well as providing a ranking scheme for AMPC to use in its deliberation. In the end, AMPC agreed to sponsor one workshop and seven programs. We were then told that TS-SIS could self-sponsor two additional programs.
The workshop and programs selected to be presented at this summer's conference are:
- Full Day Workshop
- W1: RDA for Law Catalogers (Saturday at 8:30 am)
- A4: E-Stats Collection For Your Non-Stacks Collection (Sunday at 10:45 am)
- C2: Launching into RDA: The New Frontier (Sunday at 3:45 pm)
- D2: Linked Data, Law Libraries and the Semantic Web (Monday at 8:30 am)
- E3: Seminoles and Gators: Can Shared Patron Driven Acquisitions of Ebooks Overcome the Rivalry? (Monday at 10:45 am)
- F4: Helping Others Learn, Connect and Grow through Times of Stress (Monday at 1:15 pm)
- J5: Class KIA-KIX: A Revolutionary New Classification Schedule for the 21st Century (Tuesday at 2:30 pm)
- K3: Passing the Baton: Managing Temporary and Permanent Succession Changes (Tuesday at 3:45 pm)
- TS-SIS self-sponsored
- Creating Legal Subject Headings (Sunday at 1:30 pm)
- The Accidental Archivists: Lessons Learned from a Digital Archive Project (Monday at 1:15 pm)
I offer my personal thanks to our Education Committee, as well as to those who submitted programs. This was a lot of work, but ultimately very rewarding.
Chair, TS-SIS Education Committee
June 21, 2012