Administrative Committees: Education Committee
The Education Committee oversees all of the various aspects related to the TS-related programming at an AALL annual meeting, e.g. overseeing workshop/program proposal development, ranking of proposals, program publicity, audio-visual equipment requests, and food service requests.
The Education Committee is created each December to serve for a period of 18 months from January to July of the following year when the annual meeting for which the programming is being planned is held.
For a brief period during the year, there will be two education committees working on separate meetings.
The chair of the Education Committee is appointed by the TS-SIS Vice-Chair/Chair-Elect in consultation with the TS-SIS Executive Board. The membership of the committee is composed of each TS-SIS standing committee chair and at least three other TS-SIS section members appointed by the TS-SIS Vice-Chair/Chair-Elect. The First Year Member-at-Large is ex officio.
The TS-SIS Vice-Chair/Chair-Elect at the time the appointments are made serves as an ex officio member of the committee. This person remains on the committee after assuming the office of TS-SIS Chair and also serves as liaison to the TS-SIS Executive Board.
The newly-elected TS-SIS Vice-Chair/Chair-Elect joins the committee ex officio after the TS-SIS elections.
The committee chair:
- Solicits program/workshop ideas from each member of the committee and the TS-SIS membership prior to the AALL annual meeting.
- Meets with the committee at the annual meeting to discuss proposals.
- Submits proposals to the AALL Annual Meeting Program Committee.
- Maintains contact with each program coordinator to monitor the status of all program proposals and to ensure that all relevant forms are submitted and all deadlines are met.
- Submits a written report detailing the committee's activities to the TS-SIS Chair by June 15.
- Reports briefly on the committee's activities at the TS-SIS Business Meeting during the annual meeting.