Other Positions and Activities: OBS/TS Joint Research Grant Committee
Since 1997 TS-SIS has joined with OBS-SIS to provide funding for grants for technical services law librarians to perform research that will enhance law librarianship. The Joint Research Grant Committee (JRGC) is comprised of six (6) members: the chair, an ex officio member, two representatives from TS-SIS, and two representatives from OBS-SIS. Each representative serves for two years. Representatives are appointed in alternate years so that terms are staggered. The chair is appointed by the OBS-SIS and TS-SIS chairs, in consultation with one another. The chair should be a member of both sections.
- Follows the guidelines and procedures on the OBS-SIS website under the heading, "Joint Research Grant General Information" (see www.aallnet.org/sis/obssis).
- Consults with the executive boards of OBS-SIS and TS-SIS to determine the actual amount of funds to be made available for research grants each year.
- Promotes the research grants program through notices to the OBS-SIS and TS-SIS online discussions lists at least twice a year, notices in TSLL at least once a year, and a permanent presence on the OBS-SIS and TS-SIS websites.
- Maintains and revises the grant application form, as needed.
- Follow up with grant recipients to see that the required reports are filed, and that goals of the grant have been achieved.
- Submits a written report to the TS-SIS Chair detailing the committee's activities according to the deadline set by the Chair each year.
- Reports briefly on the committee's activities at the TS-SIS business meeting.