Other Positions and Activities: Representatives
AALL appoints official representatives to other law- and library-related associations in order to promote librarianship, increase the usefulness of law libraries, cultivate the science of law librarianship, and develop connections with groups sharing similar interests. A roster of organization representatives is at: http://www.aallnet.org/representatives/. The Representatives Handbook is at http://www.aallnet.org/representatives/RepresentativesHandbook.pdf.
Although representatives are responsible to AALL as a whole, some special interest sections have been designated "oversight bodies" for the representatives to groups that have missions and goals that fall within their areas of interest.
TS-SIS is the oversight body for representatives to:
- ALA ALCTS/CC:DA Committee on Cataloging: Description and Access
- ALA ALCTS/CCS Subject Analysis Committee
TS-SIS and OBS-SIS together form the joint oversight body for a representative to:
- ALA ALCTS/MARBI (Machine-Readable Bibliographic Information Committee)
The TS-SIS Executive Board:
- Submits recommendations to the AALL Executive Board for persons to fill vacancies in the representative positions named above.
- Proposes the creation of new representative relationships to the AALL Executive Board, as appropriate. (See Related Document V, "AALL Representatives to External Organizations that Liaise with TS-SIS.")
- Proposes the discontinuance of a representative relationship to the AALL Executive Board, as appropriate.
- Submit written annual reports for TSLL and/or the TS-SIS online discussion forum (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Arrange to have their reports posted on the TS-SIS website.
- Distribute printed copies of the reports at the TS-SIS annual business meeting.
- Present oral reports at the TS-SIS annual business meetings or at the meeting of the TS-SIS committee most closely related to their subject.