TS-SIS Long-Time Member Profile:
Head of Acquisitions & Serials Control
California Western School of Law
San Diego, CA
On this page:
Place And Date Of Birth
Born in Ft. Worth, Texas. My father was Air Force, so I lived all over the world.
- BA in History, 1970, from Texas Woman’s University
- MLS, 1974, Syracuse University
I have two children, 3 step children , 3 cats, and am married to a fabulous man. I love snow skiing, hiking, reading, gardening, and am learning piano.
Inspiration For Becoming A Law Librarian
My undergraduate roommate was a Library Science major, and I thought what a great job that would make. So as soon as I graduated I started my MLS degree part time.
My mentor and source of inspiration for 25 years has been Charley Dyer.
Current Position Challenges
Keeping up with technology! End of story!
- Librarian at Mackenzie, Smith in Syracuse, NY
- Technical services and reference librarian at Supreme Court Library in Syracuse, NY
- Library Consultant with Law Library Consultants, Ltd., Syracuse, NY
- Head of Acquisitions and Serials Control, California Western School of Law, San Diego, CA
'Crazy' Non-Professional Activity
Bullfighting cabs in Madrid, Spain. (I was young then).
I love being outdoors, and enjoying this beautiful world. I therefore have concerns about environmental issues and support environmental causes.
Earliest Childhood Memory
Popping the tar bubbles in the new construction sites behind our house in Texas
Where In Five Years?
Retired! But working part time for a public library and traveling. I will be doing lots of skiing and hiking, and playing with my grandchildren (If I ever get any!!)
- American Association of Law Libraries (AALL)
- Association of Law Libraries of Upstate New York
- New York Library Association
- Southern California Association of Law Libraries
- San Diego Area Law Libraries