TS-SIS Long-Time Member Profile:
Assistant Director for Technical Services
Indiana University School of Law - Indianapolis
On this page:
Place And Date Of Birth
Born 1952, Winchester, Indiana.
- B.A., Taylor University, 1974.
- M.L.S., Indiana University, 1975.
gardening, reading, Bible study, astronomy.
Inspiration For Becoming A Law Librarian
It was the first job available to me when I graduated from library school.
Phyllis Marion and Gail Daly are my mentors.
Current Position Challenges
Enhancing bibliographic records to the BIBCO level and creating name authority headings for NACO.
- Wendell Johnting has been with the law library since 1975. He was project director of the Indianapolis Law Cataloging Consortium from 1980 until 1985, he served as visiting librarian on special assignment at Cambridge University in England. He is actively involved in the Indiana Library Federation, the Indiana SIS.
- Cooperative Library Services Authority, and the American Association of Law Libraries Online Bibliographic Services.
'Crazy' Non-Professional Activity
Walking the length of Blacke’s Beach in SanDiego (a clothing-optional beach—but I was clothed!)
Reading & studying the Bible and learning about other religions.
Earliest Childhood Memory
Thinking my father was telling me not to breathe (but he was telling me not to cough) while I was laying in my crib.
Where In Five Years?
Hopefully five years closer to retirement! (Smile)
- AALL, 1976-present
- ORALL, 1976-present
- Indiana Library Federation, 1976-present
- Listed in: Who’s Who in America, Who’s Who in the Midwest, Who’s Who in American Law.