TS-SIS Long-Time Member Profile:
Marilyn K. Nicely
Technical Services Librarian
University of Oklahoma Law Library
On this page:
Place And Date Of Birth
1945 Dayton, Ohio
- B.A. in Spanish Ohio University, Athens Ohio 1967
- M.A. English as a Second Language, Arizona State University Tempe, Arizona 1973
- M.L.S University of Oklahoma, Norman, 1974
Currently I am very interested in volunteer work with the Hispanic community and have just completed 3 years of Teaching English as a Second Language through my church.
I sing in the choir and also teach Spanish to church members. I like to draw and paint but don’t find time to do it. When I retire, I want to take art lessons. I also want to continue my volunteer work.
Inspiration For Becoming A Law Librarian
Basically it was an academic library job I qualified for. My mentor is Lolly Gasaway
Current Position Challenges
Administration, collection development
- Library Technician, Arizona State University 1968-1973
- Reference/Serials Librarian University of Texas at Edinburg 1974-1975
- Acquisitions Librarian University of Oklahoma Law Library 1976-1982
- Head of Technical Serivices 1982-present University of Oklahoma Law Library
'Crazy' Non-Professional Activity
Rode on the mechanical bull at Gilley’s in Houston while attending AALL in Houston
Earliest Childhood Memory
Playing in a daycare playground
Where In Five Years?
Possibly retired, doing volunteer work with the Hispanic community in Norman, taking painting lessons, teaching Spanish to adults.
- Mid America Association of Law Libraries
- South Western Association of Law Libraries
- Phi Beta Kappa