TS-SIS Long-Time Member Profile:
Head of Technical Services
Capital University Law Library
"She makes her own quilts"--.
On this page:
Place And Date Of Birth
1957, Springfield, Massachusetts.
- B.A. Linguistics, Pennsylvania State University, 1978
- M.S. Library & Information Science, University of Illinois, 1983
Quilting, reading, big baseball fan (Philadelphia Phillies—favorite team), travel around US.
Inspiration For Becoming A Law Librarian
In library school I heard a guest lecture from a law librarian and turned to a friend saying, “No way am I ever going to work in a law library.” 18 months later (1984) I moved to Columbus, OH (captive spouse) and the only job I could find was in the law library at Capital. I’m still here (although I spent 3 years up the street at the “Big House” law library before coming back to Capital).
I don’t have a single source of inspiration or a mentor, but I feel incredibly blessed to have become friends with so many terrific law librarians through AALL during the last 22 years.
Current Position Challenges
Hitting the moving target. Fewer resources in print, more electronic.
- 1988-Present, Capital University Law School (Catalog Librarian/Head of T.S.)
- 1985-1988, Ohio State College of Law (Catalog Librarian)
- 1984-1985, Capital University Law School (Cataloger)
- 1983-1984, Purdue University (Serials Cataloger)
'Crazy' Non-Professional Activity
Egad! I’m too boring for that.
He’s 9 years old and never stops talking.
Earliest Childhood Memory
This is a sad one—my grandmother’s funeral. I was 2.
Where In Five Years?
Right here. On my 25th anniversary (2013) Capital University will plant a tree on campus in my name.
- 1985-Present, AALL (member of both TS-SIS & OBS-SIS
- 1985-Present, AALL (member of both TS-SIS & OBS-SIS since 1985)
- SIS Council chair 1994/1995
- 1985-Present, ORALL